Saturday, March 4, 2017

MONTH IN REVIEW: February 2017


I've been absent from here and I'm working on that by making myself do this month in review. 

I learned on Thursday that one of my co-workers and friends from back home took his life on Wednesday and I haven't been too good for much ever since. We may not have spoken in years, but he was one of my favorite people to work with and always made me laugh. He was definitely one of the good guys and he'll be sorely missed. 

So, moving on, February was a month of Shoppies and Toy Fair. I don't like repeating photos from my review here, but if I didn't, we'd have barely any content! 

For Monster High, I reviewed Music Class Cleo, Party Ghouls Rochelle, and more recently, the new signature Cleo and Lagoona. Of the four, Music Cleo is definitely my fave. 


Regal Academy's Rose also appeared. The new Regal Academy dolls for the US are one of the things we didn't get to see at Toy Fair. I really wonder what they look like and if they'll make more characters than these three from Giochi Preziosi. I really like these dolls, but I'd like to see some more variety, too.

Bratz made a little bit of a comeback in my collection after I found the Instapets dolls on Hollar.com and the TRU 5-pack on sale for $14.98. 


I really need to get poor Meygan into something better. Maybe tomorrow! 

I wish they'd just released her right away with the core four and Raya. Putting her in an expensive 5-pack with four dolls everyone was already sick of seeing at that point was not a good idea. 


In another deal, I picked up the Sweet Tea Barbie for almost $10 less from Amazon Warehouse. I love smashed box deals. I have yet to receive a messed up doll. It's always just the box! 

I kept hoping to see this girl turn up at TJ Maxx, Ross or Tuesday Morning during the holidays, but she didn't, so a warehouse deal is the next best thing. I actually did see the blonde from this set at TJ Maxx and I paid less for my warehouse doll. Yay. 


Possibly the last Ever After High dolls I'll ever purchase came in this month. I bought Epic Winter Apple at Toys R Us on sale for $14.98 and I used my $15 voucher on her, so free. Free is always good. 

Briar I picked up on Amazon for $10 and some change. I refused to pay full price for this line, except for Crystal, but for discounted prices, I love them. I think the faces really suit the characters and bring them to life more. 


February was really about three things buying-wise though: Shoppies and Charlie Bears. 


I bought and reviewed a whopping SEVEN Shoppies. That's a small number, yes, but compared to past Shoppie releases, it's huge. I got Polli Polish and Rosie Bloom on ebay, but the others all came from ToysRUs.com or in Tippy's case, in store at TRU. So thanks, TRU, for helping me blow money on little adorable cuteness.

Chuck
Charlie Bears help me stay sane. I have 36 of them now, counting the one currently on his way. In February, I bought Chuck during one of my stockist's daily deals and Clancy during her Valentine's promotion. I picked up Spruce from an awesome fellow collector in the UK via a Facebook group. Wisteria came from Charlie Bears Direct and Dakota from a US stockist I found via Google search. I thought I was going to have to import her, but I got lucky! I also got a killer deal on Scarecrow on ebay, so he's the one that's still on his way. 

Dakota
Spruce arrived on Thursday and Dakota just today, so they were March arrivals, but I'm putting them here because they were February purchases. 

So that about does it! I've done a ton of posts for February, but it seems I covered most everything in those and that doesn't leave much for this wrap up. 

I can already tell you March is gonna have more bears in it. I'm not sure what else, since I think we're in doll lull right now. So get used to the bears.

No comments:

Post a Comment