Sunday, May 3, 2020

REVIEW: Strawberry Shortcake Party Pleaser Plum Puddin'

Ever since finding Angel Cake at the doll show in early March, I've been thinking about getting Plum. One of my friends has been talking about SSC a lot lately and that's given me the bug, so I finally bit the bullet and got my Plum. She wasn't cheap, but she's in perfect condition and still has a lovely smell.

Plum is the only doll I know that isn't in what we'd call her "signature" outfit nowadays. They never released her in that. The Party Pleaser line consisted of mostly old characters in fancier dresses, but also Plum and Peach Blush. Unlike Plum, Peach's Party Pleaser look doubles as her signature.

Plum was from the early SSC days, but she was originally a male character.



You can see her signature outfit here. Her miniature figures wore this, aside from one that has a nightgown one.

I wish she'd been made in this outfit, too, as it's adorable.

The Party Pleaser line consists of: Almond Tea, Angel Cake, Apple Dumplin', Cafe Ole, Cherry Cuddler, Mint Tulip, Orange Blossom, Peach Blush, Plum Puddin', and Strawberry Shortcake.

I need to get Cafe Ole for sure. The others I don't really need, although I'd love to pick up a vintage Peach someday. I have her reproduction doll though, so that's something at least.





She is so cute! She is definitely one of my favorite SSC dolls now. Crepe and the other "international friends" are still my big favorites, but Plum is right behind them, although she lacks the nostalgia factor Raspberry, Lime and Blueberry have. It's hard to compare them.





I'm leaving her hat attached to her head.

She has the same blue hair as Blueberry. And possibly Aja from Jem. Looks the same color.

Her scent is lovely!













From the back.




And here's Elderberry Owl, being adorable. 

Yeah, expect some more SSC soon. I have plans to pick up more next payday.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment