Friday, May 8, 2020

CHARLIE BEARS: Red, Orange and Yellow

Okay, I said I was going to be back with more bear posts and here I am.

I want to do some posts highlighting unusual colors, but there are way too many of these bears to put them in one post, so I'm going to do the warm colors to start with: red, orange and yellow.

Red and orange are my two favorite bear colors. Green is a rather distant third place. Naturally, I have a lot of favorites that are none of those colors, but I definitely have two shelves each of red and orange bears to prove they're something I'm a sucker for.

Let's begin with this adorable guy. This is Chuck from the 2016 collection. I'm not going to type out regular collection every time like I did last post. If you see the year and just "collection" after it, that's the regular collection. I'll still ID the Secret Collection ones as such.

Anyway, Chuck was my first brilliant red bear. I had Elderberry, who's burgundy, for a while and ended up rehoming him, but Chuck was definitely my first bright red. He's gorgeous. I love this black-tipped bold red fur. I also love his little black flattop.






I loved Chuck so much that I had to get his pal Clancy very shortly after.

He's not a standing bear. I just had him stand for his photo.

He's not as mischievous as Chuck, and in my little headcanon of bear personalities, he's one of the quieter ones.





Red Liquorice is not dominantly red, but she hangs out with Chuck and Clancy, so here she is.

She is very unique in that she has an extra joint in her mid-torso.

2015 collection.




Gorgeous Ruskin also has black-tipped red fur.

He's a little different, being red and white instead of red and black.

2018 Secret Collection.




Cherry Pie, my little imp! He's one of my all-time favorites. Simply adorable. My usual red and black love is enhanced by brown touches that are simply perfect.

2019 Secret Collection.






Jelly Tot is a tiny bear that looks a little rodent-like to me. But in a cute way, not a bad way.

2019 collection.




Together! I adore this guy. Definitely one of the most underrated, gorgeous bears out there, along with his brother Evermore.

Together has rich red fur, but his black fur is also tipped in a neon red that's very unique. I'm not positive, but I believe this year's Carousel is going to be the same fabric.

2016 Secret Collection.



TC is not quite so bright a red, but it pairs nicely with his brown and black.

He's a "Hattie" bear, but I removed his fez so he could look even cuter. (I'm not familiar with the comedian he's based on, so the hat meant nothing to me.)

2018 Secret Collection.





Seraphina is a stunning red dragon. She was the first dragon, before Grumbleweed and Snapdragon.

2017 collection.








And the glorious Sparks the phoenix! He's from the 2019 Best Friends Club collection. One of my few mohairs and well worth the price.







Sweet little Bakewell is from the 2019 collection.




This photo doesn't do Bear Berry justice. She's skinny, soft, cuddly and sweet.

2017 Secret Collection.






Bundle was my most wanted from the 2018 collection along with Dringle the sloth.

I love his color combination.





Little Grover is an overlooked plumo bear. He's really lovely and doesn't get enough attention from collectors.

2018 collection.





A lot of people fell for the curly bears, but I only wanted one: Ivan!

Beautiful rich burgundy curls and a sweet little face. Who could resist?

2019 Secret Collection.





Tiny little Ruby was a random ebay deal that I  couldn't pass up. Likely the oldest of the red bears and one of my oldest bears in general, she's from the 2009 collection.





There's a collector who loves her Tadam and she helped put him on my radar, but I didn't get him right away. I eventually fell for this little face and brought him home.

2017 collection.





Can't leave out the glorious Rum Baba, even though he got the opening spot in the last post about soft bears.

2018 collection.







Taomi is an unusual pinky-red with orangey-yellow tipped fur. All warm colors here!

2010 collection.





Caboodle seems a good choice to end the red and swing into the orange bears with, even though he's more yellow.

2018 collection.






We need to begin the orange section with the orangest of the orange. Satsuma the amazing. I love this guy so much!

2013 Secret Collection.

So very orange.



Also in the vibrant, rich orange family is Pumpkin Pie. I think she is one of the most beautiful bears ever made. Her fur is just glorious. She looks like embers in the ashes. Absolutely stunning. If you can find her, buy her.

2016 collection.





Parsnip is also very orange, only he's practically neon. The pale yellow underneath makes him pop even more.

He's a very tiny bear. His pictures make him look bigger than he is, but he is so petite.

2011 Secret Collection.





Butterscotch is teeny weeny and adorable!

2019 collection.






Autumn is a rusty red-orange. She reminds me of an early concept of Pumpkin Pie that remained more subtle.

2014 collection.




Oh, Tango.. My Tango makes the best judgmental faces.

Gorgeous patterns on this big guy.

2015 collection.




Hm, I don't know how to describe Edith's color. Maybe I should have put her in the red section. It's sort of...dark salmon, I guess? This little girl is one of the most popular plush bears ever introduced in the CB collection. Some collectors have five of her and more!

2015 collection.





Coconut Ice is also salmon, but she's what I think of as a more traditional salmon, albeit black-tipped.

I'm not sure how she got her name. I mean, I can see the white being coconut, but where do the other colors come in? Oh, wait, now I get it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_ice
Can't believe I never looked that up before.

2015 collection.





There's no better bear than Scrump for taking us from orange to yellow. I adore this guy. His colors are stunning, but you have to find just the right one, because he's random plush and a lot of them have too much black on them for my liking.

2016 collection.





Mix has the most yellow on him of any of my CBs. They sadly do not use yellow a lot. Mix is teeny and absolutely darling.

2016 Sweetie Shop collection.





Chutney has quite a bit of nice yellow on him, too.

2018 collection.





Anke seemed a good fit for the yellow section, although she's really more of a honey color.

Still, she gives off a nice impression of being yellow.

2019 Secret Collection.




These last two guys are not mostly yellow by a long shot, but I seriously have that little yellow in my collection that i'm counting them.

Scrummy is yellow, white, pink and black. He's got one of the best smiles in my hug, but it's really hard to photograph.

2016 collection.




And finally, there's Splodge! Splodge is dark brown, red, yellow and blue. Each one is very different from the others, so it is possible to find one with quite a bit of yellow if you like.

2019 collection.

Next up: blue and green!

No comments:

Post a Comment