Wednesday, May 6, 2020

CHARLIE BEARS:: Tyber Soft

Since we've got some bear fans here and I've gotten some of my doll-collecting friends into them, too, I thought I'd do a recommendation post or two.

I'm starting with one of my highest recommendations: TYBER FUR.

Tyber is the best plush CBs can come in. They tend to be a little bit more expensive, especially in this current 2020 collection, but they will be one of the softest things you will ever hold.

I'm honestly not 100% sure all of these bears are tyber, but if I'm wrong on any, they're comparatively soft regardless. I'm including a couple that I know aren't tyber and I'll mention that as I go.

Rum Baba here is the ultimate cuddle bear, in my opinion. He's 19" and slightly hefty, but most importantly, he is the best example of tyber and the most often recommended soft bear I've seen. His fur is a gorgeous burgundy and it's the longer tyber I've seen them use so far, so your fingers just dig right into it. Rum is my go to bear for when I'm upset about something. He is incredibly comforting. If you can find him, snatch him up. He's so popular that he's hard to come by now.


Our next batch is a bit similar-looking. I think of them collectively as one small collection within the overall CB collection.

Jan was the first one I got. On these, the tyber is on the arms and legs, and then on the ears and the front of the face but not the back. They have longer, non-tyber manes and then their torsos are longer, too.

Jan was Secret Collection, so he's harder to find now.




Hakatan is regular collection 2018, so he's more available, but I also think he was quite popular, so perhaps not.

He's actually sitting on the back of the couch as I type this. Because he arrived at the same time as Rum, he got overshadowed, but he's my most reached for bear out of this little collective I'm introducing you to right now.

He is not black. He's a very, very dark blue.




Chillblaine tends to be left out when people are talking about these, but I include him. He's got the same mane and shaggy body look as the others.

Chilli was regular collection 2018 and probably somewhat easy to find.




Molly Coddle is one of the slightly larger members of this group. The other is Pamper, who I don't have. He basically looks like her but medium brown.

Molly is an unusual dusty pinky-brown. I call it a mushroom shade.

She was Secret Collection and I got mine from QVC, but stockists also got her, so she's easy to find.




Now we jump forward to the 2019 collection. There were 3 more bears in this style.

The first to come out was Geronimo, who is a standing bear.

Again, arms, legs, ears and face are tyber.









Errol is the handsomest of the group, in my opinion. I love his stunning deep purple.





Close second is Flynn with his deep green.

All of these are regular collection 2019 and stockists may still have some. (Mine has Errol and Geronimo, but not Flynn.)





If you're going for a more traditional look with a slight twist, Karl the brown and white panda may be for you. All the brown bits are tyber.

Karl was regular collection 2018.


Let's look at some other pairs/groups.

These two I'm not sure if they're tyber. Fabian is the bigger one on the left and Cayden is on the right. Cayden is very soft, so he may be, but I'm just not sure on Fabian. Regardless, they're both soft and adorable!

These are both standing bears from the 2013 collection.



Lani and Zadie are definitely tyber. Super soft!

These two are 2018 Secret Collection. They are probably not that hard to find, although the trick is finding ones that are cute. They sadly had a lot of ones that just...kinda weren't as cute.





Hawkins and Brimble are new tyber bears for 2020. They're mostly all tyber, except for the longer fur and right on their faces. The long fur is an amusing tuft on the very top of their head alone, so the back of the head is all tyber.




Here are MishMash, HodgePodge and Medley.

Mish is tyber on his arms, legs, eye markings and ears. Hodge and Medley are tyber all over. They're really overlooked, these patchwork guys.

Hodge and Medley were regular collection 2018 and MishMash was Secret Collection 2018.







And MishMash's companion Caboodle is also regular collection 2018.



Here are a couple older girls, both from the Secret Collection. Whisp on the right was 2015 and Wisteria was 2016. These two are harder to find on the secondary market.

I think Wisteria was my first definite experience with tyber. It's the lighter fur that's tyber on these two.





And it made a reappearance on Bossy Boots in the 2018 Secret Collection. He technically belongs with the Jan/Hakatan/Errol/Flynn group, but I like him here with the girls that have the same shade of fur.














The Charlie Year Bear 2018 has tyber on her torso and head.

If you like her style, also check out Daniella from the Secret Collection.







Then there's 2019 Secret Collection's Parma Violet, who also has a similar look.

Again, the head and torso are tyber.







Then there's Ollibobs from the 2020 regular collection. He bears (ha) a resemblance to the above bears, but he's actually almost completely tyber. The only things that aren't are his muzzle and the lining of his ears, which are mohair.






If you want a simple traditional bear, Moppet may be for you. He's Molly Coddle's mushroom-colored tyber. He's 2020 Secret Collection and should be available now with both stockists and QVC.

Watch also for Dimples, who's a larger, darker brown version. He's not in the US yet, but should be coming to stockists in a month or two.




Moving on to the cats! I'm not positive these four are tyber, but they sure feel like it. The fur isn't as long as other examples, but the softness is there.

Left to right: Koda, Kiri, Kimiko and Annuska. All Secret Collection. Annuska is 2018 and the rest are 2017.







Little Gilbert the super popular giraffe is also a possibility. His animal-print fur is very soft.

He was 2016 Secret Collection and is very hard to find.






Bashful from the 2014 regular collection may or may not be tyber, but he is just as soft! He's a great little cuddler, so I highly recommend him is you can find him.





These next three are tiny bears that I'm also unsure of.

Lena is soft all over, so maybe? She was 2019 Secret Collection.







Then we've got Kay, also from 2019's Secret Collection.







And Kim from 2020's. I'm not sure if their white fur is tyber, but it's soft regardless.





Kyra from the 2019 regular collection is another very soft one.

Any of these little bears would make nice, comforting travelling companions.



Also in the category of tiny and adorable and I'm not sure if they're tyber but they're soft anyway are Doolie and Diddums!

2019 Secret Collection for the pair.




The unusual Chutney and Lime Pickle were 2018 regular collection. They're extremely soft as well as being fabulous colors.



These two odd fellows are sadly not very popular. I love them both. Again, not decidedly tyber, but still soft, and they have the bonus of both having round squishy bellies for added cuddle goodness.

Cole (left) was Secret Collection 2018, while Gary was in the regular collection.





Stunning 2019 regular collection dragon Grumbleweed is not definitely tyber, but he is SO SOFT. I don't think his pictures capture that at all. Like some of them just look soft, but he doesn't, yet he so is.



And this chonky big boy is Mercury from the 2014 regular collection. He's really sought after right now, so I'm lucky I got him before his popularity spiked!

I'm pretty sure he's tyber on the darker parts.

He's got two friends named Nimbus and Blaine, who I've also heard soft things about. I own neither, but Nimbus is on my low-key want list.



And I'm going to finish off with Befuddle, who is certainly not tyber, but she's a different kind of softness. More...I dunno how to describe it...cottony? Fluffy? She was my main comfort bear before Rum Baba.

So any bear with this type of fur is going to be cottony fluffy soft. Adorable little Edith. I think Dixie and Colin, though I own neither. Bamse and Michelle. Befuddle is the ultimate, but any of the others are likely good, too. 

This was fun, so I'll probably do more of these. I'm thinking something colorful next. And then maybe characters that aren't bears.

4 comments:

  1. This post was exactly what I’ve been wondering about tyber fur. I’ve been trying to find Rum Baba for ages with no luck, but I do have a few of the other bears on this list. I might pick up Honeybunch later this year too because her tyber is such an unusual yellow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honeybunch is on my pre-order list. She wasn't at first, but I caved and added her. I hardly have any yellow bears.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this list. For me the softness is very important, then the cuteness. The softest I have is Loveydovey, the arms and legs of sheba, the black panter are very soft, too. And now Crin, the sister of roger. She is very soft with longer tyber, but Lovedovey is more soft, but shorter hair.😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. My daughter has just lost two of her five boxer dogs within a week and has found bears called Silas abd Digit (their names) and would love to find them to wear their collars and sit with their ashes. Cant access my emails since Oct last yeat so contact would have to be by message another way if anyone had any ideas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete