Wednesday, April 29, 2020

MONTH IN REVIEW: April 2020

Month in Review April 2020, AKA: Hey, Look, It's Bears.

Seriously, that's all I've got for you. Everything else you already saw in reviews. Fairykins, Kitten Catfe. I do have one review planned, but I don't have all the products in hand yet.

So let's look at some bears.

I wasn't sure I'd end up with a Willamena after trying out two from QVC and sending both back, but despite not being high on the choosing list with my stockist, I did manage to end up with the only Willamena she got in that I liked!

I haven't paid enough attention to the poor girl, but at least she made it to my shelves after all.







Gum Drop was an unplanned purchase. This one just jumped right out at me and screamed "Look at these patterns on my face! BUY ME." So I did.



Getting twin Reas was also completely unplanned. He showed up on QVC and I ordered two, knowing full well he'd also be at my stockist soon, but this was my most wanted for the year, so I went for it anyway. I sent one of the QVC pair back and enjoyed spending time with the QVC Rea while awaiting pics of my stockist's selection. I ended up falling for one of hers and boom, I have two now.



This is the one from QVC. A little older-looking, I think. You can really change their expressions by moving the white brows around.

He got a lot of love during some of my most exhausting days of work.

Rea is a binturong, by the way. Look them up. They're cool.





And this is the one I chose from my stockist, who has slightly wider-set eyes and a more youthful, skeptical expression.





The next one shown should be Blackbeary, who should have arrived last week, but appears to be taking a really slow (and scarily unupdated) trip through the postal system. I hope he gets here soon.

But instead, meet Idris the dragon from the Kaycee Bears collection. Every now and then, I skim through the Kaycee listings on ebay and I saw this guy for only $94.99. His retail is a whopping $356.95!!! Being a risk-taker, I made an offer of $75...and it was accepted. Best deal ever. He is super adorable and I love his colors.



This beauty is also a Kaycee Bears creation. This is Ariel. Idris was actually bigger than I imagined, while Ariel is smaller. Funny how that works.

She was another great deal, also at $75 with a retail of $158.95.

I'm a complete sucker for orange bears, so she's been on my wishlist for a while.

And that is it for April. I do have one newer item review planned and I might do reviews on a couple older pieces as they arrive. I've also started collecting something I may do an overview on once I get more of them in hand. And there will be more bears. Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment