Wednesday, April 22, 2020

OVERVIEW: Lanard Fairykins 2012 Part 2


I did an overview on the 2012 version of Lanard's Fairykins here:
https://venivididolli.blogspot.com/2016/07/la-dee-spora-dandi-and-voltessa-lanard.html

Well, I learned recently that they've been redone again! They're the same molds, characters and colors, but the faces are different, the skirts are new materials, and the wings are now material instead of plastic.





I picked up the set of four on ebay and they arrived today.


The faces are the same on all four new dolls, whereas they were unique before. The main difference now is eye color.

Voltessa here is the same basic idea, although she's lost her attitude, because she's got the same big smile the others all do. Her hair is a slightly different color and she's a shade or so more tan.

The new skirt I actually like much better than the old one. The fabric wings are a pretty nice touch. She's the only one where I like both wing styles equally.

La-Dee is the least different-looking with her new face, but her wings are drastically different.

And mine has them upside down. I tried turning them around, but no. I might track down another with them on right someday.

I think I prefer the original skirt, though the new one is cute, too.

I definitely prefer the original wings.

I think she was a bit darker tan in the original version.

Dandi is also darker in the original, though her hair is lighter.

The new one is cute, but she's even more Tink-like with the generic happy face. I like the sassy face way more.

The new wings are okay, but I prefer the originals.

I like the new skirt though. It's transparent vinyl strips, which is cool.


Spora has a similar skirt style, though hers is fabric.

I think the new face suits her best. I love the eyes closed, but I get the same energy from her with them open.

I like the new wings, but nothing beats those mushroom ones.

I hung both sets up on display on my wall and they're adorable. Glad to have both!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment