Monday, April 13, 2020

REVIEW: Harry Potter Yule Ball line

I have some of the Mattel Harry Potter line, but I haven't photographed many of them. (I have the four Series 1 kids, plus Quidditch Draco.) I've been lucky with these and I've only paid full price for Ron, who was my first. So I tackled Yule Ball in the same way. I bought Harry for $8.47 and Hermione for $10.95 back in December, then waited for a good sale on Ron and Cho. I ended up with them for $11 each from a 3rd party seller on Amazon.

Today, I decided to open them.


I love the trio and they definitely deserve to be here, but I'm a bit frustrated at Cho's presence when Viktor, who was Hermione's date after all, is missing. Honestly though, I also just plain don't like Cho. She's one of the few characters in HP that I actively do not care for.

I will likely pick up Cedric next and then Harry in the Triwizard outfit and Hagrid. They haven't been on sale in a bit though, so I'm biding my time.







Each doll comes with the boring accessory of an invitation. They're all the same, so I only photographed Harry's.







Looking pretty good there, Mr. Potter.






The robe itself comes off and goes back on over the shirt sleeves easily.

And then makes it hard to photograph. I'll be doing my next review back in the kitchen or in front of some books in my library/collection room again. No more empty shelf shots. Sigh.







Oh, Ron. I love him. He's so endearing.





That reminds me though that the twins would have been perfect for this line. Not in Yule Ball outfits, but just regular clothes. I loved their Goblet look.







I wish they'd thought to do these dolls as the movies released so we'd have more characters.







Hermione is stunning, although her hair isn't very accurate. More of it should be down in loose curls.

The dress is lovely.





I love her expression.






Back of the dress.






The flower earrings are precious.





And the shoes. I can't Google a good picture of her actual shoes from the movie, but I kinda doubt they were ankle breakers like these.

These are kids, Mattel. Lower the heels a bit.






I may dislike Cho, but her doll is gorgeous.

I love that dress.





Yep, very pretty.




Another overly-gelled updo. I guess that's how they have to do it.

Her golden flower earrings are a different mold than Hermione's.


But her shoes are the same mold.

And there you have it! One quickie review for you all.

I do have Kitten Catfe Series 2 planned, so that might be up by the end of the week. I'm waiting on one more delivery to complete the set before taking photos.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment