Monday, April 22, 2024

REVIEW: VIP Hair Makeover MEGAN & QUINN




Going to do things a little differently today. I've got two lines to review and instead of my usual one review per character method, I'm going to do everyone in one post. 


I ordered the two VIP Hair Makeover dolls from Walmart. 

These are $19.97 apiece. There are three characters, but only two are available at the moment. 

This is Megan. 



And this is Quinn. 




They had better make Evelyn or I will be MAD. 


The art for this line is super cute. I should have taken pics of the sides of the boxes. There's an illustration of the girl you've bought and it's not the same pose as the ones seen here. 




I originally didn't like the hair color selection for each girl. It's like they picked most of them to match and then added one that clashed, making sure to place it front and center in the bangs. Megan's pink in the art is a little darker than this and I think it does look better, though the doll is adorable in person and it looks better in real life than in the promo pics. Or maybe she's just so cute that she's convincing me it looks better. 



LOVE her makeup. I'm always a sucker for dark purple lipstick. 



So you pull the little beads in her hair and these bows form. 





It's cute, but I prefer them down, I think. 





She's got a couple braids. 



She comes with a fairly useless brush and some hair stickers. 




Jumping to Quinn, she comes with some hair confetti stuff that I think you stick on using the substance underneath the foil. I'm not messing with any of this. 



Behold, one of the shortest doll dresses I've ever seen. 



I hate it. 




Thankfully, the girls of Be Fashion Academy had a dress for Quinn. 





The orange of the dress is bolder when it's not in the camera flash. It actually works well to tie the orange in her bangs together with the rest of her overall look.




I really wish her bangs didn't cover this up!


Mine has a little lipstick misprint, but I like it. It almost looks like she's biting her lip. 




Quinn's hairplay things are in the back. 



I dunno. They're just kinda lumpy. 




Not a fan. It's a cute idea and as I kid, I probably would have enjoyed changing her hair if I was changing her outfit, but as an adult, I prefer them down. 




Body comparison with Rainbow High. 




This is pretty cute. 


Okay, we've looked at them. Now what else do you need to know?

The knees are not articulated in any way. Not a dealbreaker for me, but it is to some. 

Megan stood on her own easily. Quinn is less stable.

If you have any of the VIP Pets, the hair is the same quality. Very soft and nice. 

I love them. I'm so happy to see these coming stateside. Amusingly, they came out right after I ordered the four I wanted from the original Hair Academy line. I'll be showing them off once they get here. 

I thought I'd love Megan best, thanks to the makeup and the yellow, black and blue hair, but Quinn holds her own enough that I love them both equally. Her skintone is gorgeous! Really, really hoping Evelyn comes out. Don't screw this up, IMC.

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment