Wednesday, April 10, 2024

REVIEW: LUV Londynn



Londynn is one of those cases where the doll is so gorgeous that I get her despite hating the outfit. 



I kinda think the doll is prettier than the art. 



Applause for making thigh-high plastic boots that actually look like thigh-high boots. I'm looking at you, RH, with your giant ugly things. 



She's got the same type of bracelet thingy as Brooke. Not the same mold though. 

Love the necklace. 

Cute earrings. 

Guess what I don't like on the belt. 



Individually, I like these pieces. 



I actually really love the shorts. They're cute and unusual. 

The top is also just the right pink. 



Aside from having the icky fanny pack, the belt just throws things off for me. 





Muuuuuuuuuuuch better. 



Londynn is destined for a fashion pack. I could see her in Brooke's black/lime outfit or Autumn's. I don't care for her own pack, so that's not even getting bought, though the shoes look promising. Maybe if it was on clearance...

She is one stunning doll though. That face!






If you read one of my other reviews, you can stop here. All of them have the same bottom section. 




I cannot get over how much effort they put into this line. 

Four different headmolds. 

Four different bodies. 

There are two types of arms, two types of legs, two different breast sizes, and two different torso lengths. All of that combines to make four different bodies in different heights. 

I was not expecting that much diversity at all. I didn't even realize it until I'd undressed Brooke. Then I had to undress Autumn all over again so I could do this comparison. 

Autumn is the shortest by a smidge. She's the curviest overall. (None of them have MH-level curvy, but this is a nice variety.) Harper is a tiny bit taller thanks to the longer torso. She's got smaller breasts but thicker thighs. Brooke is taller than Harper by quite a bit. She and Londynn both have the longer, thinner legs, but Londynn is tallest thanks to the torso. Brooke has the larger breasts, Londynn the smaller. The smaller-breasted girls both have the longer, thinner arms, while the larger have a little bit thicker and shorter arms. They could easily make another variant, because the smaller breasts are both paired with the longer torso, so they could make one with small breasts and short torso and one with larger breasts and long torso. 




These girls are very teeny!





Even Londynn. 



And here are all four. I left the belts off Brooke and Londynn, but otherwise, these are exactly as they come. 

Overall, I'm very impressed with these and I can't wait for the fashion packs!

PROS: Four different heads, four different bodies, four different skintones, superb articulation, excellent hair for the most part, no hair gel, fabric pieces are very nicely detailed, multiple fabrics used, great shoes, multiple pieces of jewelry for each, cute purses (mostly), no excessive use of pink and purple, variation in styles so it isn't all miniskirts and short tops, each comes with a stand but is also capable of standing on her own, easy to dress.

CONS: Stands aren't the greatest stability. Brooke has trouble staying on hers, as she's really tall with her heels on. Brooke's hair has some issues. It's a lot of gold. I would have liked silver on at least one of them instead. Harper, I think. 

I'm on the fence when it comes to price. $30 is a lot for a small doll with only one outfit, but I think the quality is actually there. They have better articulation than RH and ILY, even if they lack inset eyes. (Which are honestly a hindrance for ILY.) ILY can't even sit. Yes, I will keep bringing that up. It's important. I can see where some would say they're too expensive. I'm not going to flat out argue against it, but I personally think they're worth it. 

I know some have nitpicked the styles, but as we all know, I could not possibly care less about fashion trends. I think they mostly look great. Definitely not a con for me. 

So yeah, these are the new LUV dolls. I'll have individual reviews for all four, though I'm going to repeat this section at the bottom of each review to make sure the comparisons are seen. I'm impressed. Can't wait to see more!

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.


1 comment:

  1. Londynn looks amazing, though the outfit, while all the pieces themselves look amazing, feel a bit mismatched together. But like you said, nothing one of those gorgeous fashion packs can't fix.

    ReplyDelete