Thursday, September 12, 2019

REVIEW: Hearts For Hearts Girls Nyesha and Zelia

Hearts For Hearts Girls is continuing to rerelease older characters. The only one I've bought so far was Mosi to keep in her box, but I couldn't resist the newest pair: Zelia and Nyesha.

HFHG are available on Amazon. They're around $40 each. (Nyesha's a little more for some reason.)

So here's the original Nyesha on the left and the new on the right.

One of the most obvious differences is her hair. The new one's is much less tightly-curled.

The new one also does not come with the cute tie, which is a shame. I love the tie.

The jacket and shoes are about the same, but the striped shirt is slightly different and the fabric at the hem of the skirt is different.



Face-wise, they're almost the same, but the original had much darker "makeup" around the eyes.

The reason I bought the reissue is that my original has that smell I typically associate with old plastic turning bad. It's sad that she smells that way, considering she only just released in 2014. I'm hoping they reissue Surjan next year, as she's the other one with the smell.


There are two reasons I bought the new Zelia and both should be pretty obvious!

One is her lovely new dress. She's the only reissue to get a completely new outfit.

The other reason is that my original on the left there suffers from the weird purple eyes. Some HFHG have eyes that turn this neon purple shade over time. It's really weird. Lauryce, Zelia, Mosi (a little) and both my deluxe Dell and Consuelo all have this problem. I should probably buy the reissue Lauryce at some point...






It's nice to have a brown-eyed Zelia again! I'm keeping her hair in the ponytail. It's cute that way. And I do love the new dress.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment