Tuesday, September 3, 2019

REVIEW: Azone Iris Collect Petit Koharu With Happiness

She's here!

Yep, I've got something a bit different today.

I'm no stranger to BJDs. I bought my first in 2003. I currently have 5 Dream of Doll, 3 Rosette School of Dolls, and one teeny polar bear BJD by a company I can't remember. I've owned several others that have been rehomed (and one who didn't make it through Hurricane Michael).

I honestly thought I was done with them.

But during my resurgence of Azone collecting a few months ago, Koharu was announced and I just fell in love with her face.

She's my first vinyl BJD, which I'm really looking forward to, because I don't like the loose limbs on my resin ones. I need to have a restringing day for the DoDs.





The only way I was able to get her was by doing layaway. I made 3 of the payments monthly and then was lucky to have enough after one hell of a work week involving massive overtime to pay her off a few days ago.

Her box is huge!






You'll have to forgive the cluttered review space. She's so tall that the kitchen seemed the best fit, but my time was at a premium this afternoon, so I didn't move everything out of the pictures.






At first I thought they'd left out the pole part of the stand, but then I realized she has magnets in her feet!

This really came in handy while I was dressing her.





Camisole, lovely little panties, and stockings.

The camisole has velcro.

I really love the detail on the panties. They're just adorable.







The main dress. This velcros at the front.






Then the overdress.

Ugh, the detail on Azone clothing is just so impressive. As I've said many a time, I have human clothing with less handiwork.








This one's got a zipper. I would have done it in a matching blue, not white, but that's just a nitpick. 





The gorgeous choker! This was a bit not fun to put on, so she's never taking it off.





Detail shot of the boots.





And the entire outfit.

Now my biggest nitpick about her is that I LOVED that magnet stand.

But it doesn't work with her boots on.

I wasn't sure it was going to, but I don't get the point of even including it if she can't wear it fully-dressed. Why aren't there parts included to convert it to a regular stand? Or why no magnets in the boot soles?







I fought with this wig. It did not want to go on.

But I finally got it!




With the hat.





A billion different angles.

I was just enjoying taking her photo at this point.





She's so sweet!

Definitely not my typical doll purchase. I'm well aware. But there was just something about her that I wanted to adopt and have on my shelves.

I'm looking forward to seeing more from this series, although it's not something I'll be indulging in often!

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment