Tuesday, November 15, 2022

REVIEW: Monster High Creepover Twyla



FINALLLLLLLLLLY. 

It feels like it's been forever. I hated sitting back and watching person after person find her when none of my four (seriously, not one in four) got the Creepover line in. Twyla's been one of my top faves since her first doll, so my want for her was pretty desperate. 

Thankfully, Amazon came through. The only one that hasn't had a closer-creeping ship date is Clawdeen and if I have to cancel her, I won't mind. She's the one I wanted least and I'll just order when I get back from vacation. 



Would be so cute if not for that stupid hat. 


Accessories. 

Because she's a signature within a theme line, she has some theme pieces like the mask and stupid bunny ears, and some sig pieces like a backpack, phone, book and barrette. The drink and food seem to appear in any old line, which is cool by me. I love snacks. 

I gleefully ripped this thing off her. It will never go back on. I get the dust bunny joke, but I HATE this hat. 

A lot of people like to say G3 is childish because the dolls have colorful clothing in age-appropriate styles. I firmly disagree with this. However, this hat can only be described as childish. Why does wearing bunny ears mean she's at a sleepover? This does not turn her outfit into PJs. 

What they should have done had they been thinking was take the fabric from these stupid ears and turn them into a pair of sleep shorts. Swap her skirt for shorts and now she looks like she's ready for sleep. But no. We got an ear hat instead. 


Anyway. Back to things I like. 

This freakin' pop tart. Come on. I love it. 

Her purple cup has a pearly blue sheen. I like that she's drinking tea. 




Cute keyhole barrette. I love that she has a book. I wish more of them had textbooks. 



The bunny phone also has the pretty blue sheen.

And you can kind of see the webs on the book's corners. 



Adorableness all around 



Eye mask on. 




She is gorgeous perfection. I'm so happy she has so few changes. I've liked a lot of the updates, but I also like seeing Twyla look like the Twyla I've loved for so long. 

Quick hair note: She had a little gel in her bangs. Her hair also shed the most out of any of them. I gave her a quick conditioning earlier today before work and she's dried very nicely. 



She has buttons in her eyes!

I couldn't get a photo of it (not for lack of trying, believe me), but she has tiny cobwebs inside her ears. Excellent intricate detail that ups her monster factor. 

Her eyes still glow in the dark like they did before. 



It's not visible here, but she has windows on her wedges that go straight through the entire shoe. Love that. I would wear these. 




I really do not know why people complained about this outfit. I like the off-the-shoulder, little bit oversized top. I think it's really cute, as is the skirt. 



She is shorter than the regular ghouls but not curvy like Laura. 

Her hands are completely the warmer shade of purple that swirls up her forearms and calves. 

I liked the gray on the old one, but I like this purple, too. 



Height comparison with G3. Laura only looks shorter due to Twyla's taller shoes. 



My very favorite G1 Twyla with my new favorite Twyla. 



She has so many great things to hold! I decided to go for the snack option with her phone poking out of her bag so it can still be seen. 



I am utterly thrilled she is finally home. I'm so glad she made it in time to be part of the small number of dolls coming along on my vacation. So far, it's G3 Cleo and now Twyla, plus Naomi Storm and Mila from RH. Maybe one or both of the dolls that should be arriving tomorrow. We'll see. 

I love her so much! Eee!


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

4 comments:

  1. She's adorable and, if I may be so bold, I like her more then her original. (It's the top for me.)
    That said, yeah, the bunny hat is... a choice. I'm personally frustrated because bunny ears COULD have worked. Like, if they made her top one of those animal ear hoodies (While keeping the colors it has now), that would've been kinda awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like them both about equally. I definitely think they put some better details into the new one, like the ear cobwebs and the windows in the shoes. A hoodie would have been totally acceptable and I'm not sure why they didn't go that route.

      Delete
  2. Yeah, I'm confused with that bonnet as well... They're probably trying to promote hair health; telling us that we're supposed to sleep with it to keep our hair from getting ruined? I don't know. Maybe they should have added some actual sleep wear with the bonnet.

    Regardless, I love her and my old eyes didn't notice all the details you mentioned in person hahahaha thanks for pointing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Twyla's original sculpt. It looked very elegant to me. She was a favorite around here. New one is pretty too.
    One thing the new one did better is the hair. Signature Twyla Gen 1.0 probably had the worst hair I saw in MH. It was coarse, fried, the aqua color turned yellowish imediately and the glue seepage was extreme lol so that's a plus on G3

    ReplyDelete