Thursday, September 3, 2020

CLOUDEES Series 3 STORM CLOUDS Part 1



I can't tell you guys how relieved I am that these came out! Cloudees only ever appeared in one Target by me and then ages later, I found one big and one mini in the farther away Walmart. All those were Series 1. I never saw Series 2 in stores. I've had to scrounge the few I have off ebay, sometimes at inflated prices. 

Storm Clouds are Series 3 and by far the best of sets so far. Considering their lack of presence in stores, I was worried they'd either not come out or be import only. Thankfully, Amazon got them in! I bought 10 that arrived today and another 10 that should come Monday. 



I wanted to shoot these with a light background, so I used an empty storage box stood up on its side. So please forgive me if it looks messy. There are bits of doll hair and markings from being used as...well, a storage box. Next time, I'll either stick with my bookshelves or try to find a dark background, I guess. But I wanted the vibrant colors to really come through. 

I'm going to go in order of their code numbers, which are kinda all over the place on the checklist. I'll have the codes at the end of this review, along with a photo of the checklist. 


So this is Perky Pegasus. 

Yep, the wings are part of the vest. The dragon is the same way, though I didn't get him. I can tell from the checklist art. 

She cannot hold that cotton candy. I tried. It didn't work. 

Gah, that tail is so bright. I'm not sure what neon has to do with storm clouds, but I'll take it. I love neon. 



 

Giddy Kitty goes along with Perky Pegasus as part of Cyclone Central. 

She's just a pink cat with some random accessories. Definitely my least fave of the line. 



Sure, she's cute, but she's still just a pink cat. 





Charming Cheetah was not on my want radar, but man, does she kill it. I love how colorful she is! 

She and Delightful Dragon are from the Rainbow Ridge. 




She has the best tail of all 3 lines, I think. 




Snackin' Jackalope was one of my five most wanted, so I was happy to finally open one on my wishlist! 





She's adorable. I left her tail off, but put the bow back on after this. 



This one got the most excited squeals upon opening. I didn't know what type of monster this was from seeing the promo pics, but according to the checklist, it's Chilly Yeti. He looked gray in the promo, but he is a pearly white. 

They have a habit of taking the most awesome ones and putting too many clothes on them. We'll fix that. 




Much better!

I love him. I actually think he's my favorite from all 3 series so far.

Jackalope and Yeti are both from Blizzard Mountains.



So this is Lucky Lamb. 

Lamb, my butt. She's the same mold as Lucky Llama from Series 1.

Let's get rid of some of this crap.



There we go. 

Now she's Gothy Llama. 


And finally, also hailing from the Thunder Zone, is Savvy Skunk. 

I like her with her little scarf and tail on. These really vary character to character with how they look with all the added bits. 

So I have more on order, because I only got 2 of my top 5 most wanted. Let's hope Monday brings more new ones! 

I do have doubles of Lucky Lamb (Gothy Llama) and Savvy Skunk. They're potentially spoken for, but if you have interest, let me know. I have 2 doubles of the lamb/llama for sure. 


 



Here is the checklist. 









And the codes! Not all of these are confirmed, but they're pretty logical, so I think they're all right. 

 

1950SD:

1 Perky Pegasus 

2 Giddy Kitty

3 Delightful Dragon 

4 Charming Cheetah

5 Snackin' Jackalope

6 Chilly Yeti

7 Fierce Phoenix 

8 Red Hot Panda

9 Rockin' Zebra 

10 Lucky Lamb

11 Savvy Skunk

12 Sightseeing Alien

13 Bubbly Mercat

14 Surfin' Axolotl


2150SD:

15 Perky Pegasus 

16 Giddy Kitty

17 Delightful Dragon

18 Charming Cheetah

19 Snackin' Jackalope

20 Chilly Yeti

21 Fierce Phoenix 

22 Red Hot Panda

23 Rockin' Zebra 

24 Lucky Lamb

25 Savvy Skunk

26 Sightseeing Alien

27 Bubbly Mercat 

28 Surfin' Axolotl

3 comments: