Thursday, March 5, 2020

COLLECTION OVERVIEW: Bleeding Edge Goths

I did an overview on Bleeding Edge Goths back in August 2016. My collection grew substantially since then, so instead of a secondary overview discussing the details of the line, I've decided to do an overview of my collection, arranged by series.

Less words, more pictures.

Series 1 Morbida B. Weir

The only one I bought from the 1st series way back in the day was Morbida here, so it seems fitting to begin with her. She remains the only Series 1 vinyl figure I own. The others were Dagger de Mort and Wormwood Gloom, two male characters, and Belladonna Remorse.




Series 1 Storm O'Misery

I did pick this girl up and think she was kinda cute when they first came out, but I never got her. I say in my 2016 overview that she was the first I picked up and the last I got, which is funny, considering how many more I got after that!

I actually really love this Storm now. She grew on me every day since I got her.





Series 1 Raven Dragonfire

Raven was the first Series 1 I got. I can't remember where I got the rubber bat wings, but they're not stock for the doll. They're something I added.





Series 1 Sinstress

Odd-looking with her completely black eyes, Sinstress still stands out even after so many subsequent series of dolls.

Sadly, mine was stained during the forced post-hurricane move and the long months of waiting to be unpacked after that. All my dolls still aren't out! Even though the BEGoths are one of the lines that are. I have plans to buy a replacement Sinstress eventually.





Series 1 Malice Looming

Malice is definitely not one of my favorite dolls from the line. Poor thing. But she does stand out in one aspect: She's the only character (I'm pretty sure anyway) that got both a 12" doll and a 7" vinyl. Not including the never-produced Series 6 vinyls, of course.




Series 1 Lillian De Winter

Lillian amuses me because she's vaguely goth superheroish. I love her blue lipstick.





Series 2 Casual Storm

The trend of having Storm in every series really begins.

This one was off my radar for so long, but now she's actually one of my top favorites. I adore her.





Series 2 Abcynthia Chaser

My main Series 2 must have from my original collecting days. Abcynthia is very elegant in a simple way. In my little headcanons from back when I had time to do those, she was a bit older than a lot of the others and ran the local goth nightclub. She's named after absinthe. How can she not own a bar?




Series 2 Angelina Blasphemina

Angelina is one I had in my original collection, then sold, and then rebought many years later. I can't remember if my original had the blue hair or the blue and black hair, but this is the blue-haired version.

She's really cute. I'm not sure why I sold any off anymore. There are a lot of things I question about my old selling habits! Poor past me.




Series 2 Victoria Creeper

It took me years to buy this doll, because I hated her bloodshot eyes for so long. Now I think she's really cute, so just goes to show how tastes change over time.

This is the pink-haired variant. The standard Victoria has white hair.











Series 2 Suzisin Ful

I think this all-white one is the regular Suzi. She's actually the last one I received, so that's kinda funny. 

Suzi comes barefoot, so this one remained barefoot, while my two variants both have Barbie shoes on. 



Series 2 Suzisin Ful variants

I got the all-red one with less dramatic eye makeup long years ago. The white versions were more recent purchases. I think this red-hair/white top version was a mistake by the seller. I was supposed to get the all-white and he sent me this one by mistake, so I got to keep her for free.



Exclusive Lolita Sun

I can't remember exactly when Lolita came out, but it was obviously around Series 1 or 2 before the body change.

Mine does not wear her boring stock outfit. This is a custom dress I got off ebay ages ago.





Series 2 Hysteria Venom

I think Hypnotica from the 12" dolls has a little Hysteria in her. Same eye idea. Similar hairstyle.





Series 2 Trinity Tortura

Trinity is one of the cutest vinyls. I wish they were a little sturdier though! I think I've glued my poor Trinity at least three times over the years.

This series also has Dru Id and Ophelia Pain.





Series 3 Back to School Storm

Storm got white hair for Series 3. Mine's braids are a little droopy because her rubber bands have broken. She's a cute Storm, but not one of my faves.





Series 3 Divinity

Divinity is my big Series 3 love. She was the one that almost got me into the line and I don't think it took me too long after I began collecting to get her.

I love that she has normal eyes, which are a rarity in this line.





Series 3 Divinity variant

Divinity's variant is a color flip of the regular. She's got a burgundy dress instead of black, and her lips, rose tattoo and the rose on her gown are all black.



Series 3 Julia Doom

Poor Julia suffers from some of the worst of the yellowing head problem. I wrote about this a lot in my original overview, if you're curious about it.

She has really cool makeup, but I always thought she would have been better with both eyes blue.

Her original hairstyle was a ponytail, which I took down.

Julia has a hot pink variant with a pink and black dress and all-pink hair. I like her, but I've never gotten her, because she kinda looks like Lolita to me and not worth the extra money.



Series 3 Serpentina Maria Sangria

Serpentina has one of the most beautiful faces in the entire line. Unfortunately, I ignored her for years, because as beautiful as her face is, her outfit is equally not beautiful. It's definitely one of BEGoths' worst efforts, because it's just so...clunky somehow.

I did end up with her in her stock many years after buying the doll and redressing her. This is the stock version.




Series 3 Serpentina Maria Sangria redressed

And this is my redressed one that I bought many years before the stock one.

I braided her hair to go with her serpent theme. She's wearing mostly Barbie clothes if you can believe it. The leggings, skirt and jacket are all Barbie. The corset is a custom piece as is the choker.




Series 3 Scorpio Vixen

The final doll of Series 3 was one of the most popular BEGoths ever. People just went nuts for Scorpio and her purple variant. I had her in my original collection, but sold her. I wasn't sure I ever wanted her back, but when a boxed one appeared for the right price, I went for it.

She was my next to last one, I think, which is why she doesn't have a nice black picture like the others do. I had to shoot her and some of the other later pieces for this post.





Series 3 Autumn Von Sanguine

Ah, the lovely Autumn. She was one of the figures I bought before getting into the dolls. She's gorgeous. Still one of my fave vinyls.





Series 3 Nurse Hypochondrianna

Not one of my favorites, but I think I got a good price on her.




Series 3 Eva Destruction

This is the red variant of the character. Not one originally on my radar, but she's really cute.

The fourth in this set was Veronika Despair, who I don't have. I need to pick up some more vinyls.





Series 4 Fiona Fatale

Fiona was the one that finally sold me on trying out the 12" dolls. I still love this doll. She's one of the cutest of the big dolls for sure. This is the variant. She has a purple skirt and black stockings, where the regular had a white skirt and purple stockings.

I wouldn't be surprised if Fiona was the first female doll ever with a partially-shaved head.




Series 4 Hypnotica Gaze

I got Hypnotica at the same time as Fiona. She's also the purple variant. The regular one was red.

My Hypnotica has a few unique touches that I added, like the collar, the flask and the pack of clove cigarettes.




Series 4 Evening Storm

I didn't post Storm first out of deference to Fiona and Hypnotica being my first BEGoths ever, but this Storm was also my first Storm and remains the best Storm. She's so incredibly elegant! There was only one thing I didn't like and that was her little itty bitty teeny tiny black fabric shoes. I'm honestly not even sure where they are anymore. Mine has been barefoot for...well, probably since I got her, because I hated how those looked.





Series 4 Infinity A. Byss

Infinity is the gorgeous dark green-haired variant. (Trust me. It's green, even though it looks black.) The regular Infinity has red hair.





Series 4 Devastatia

Another of those rare dolls with no wild contact lenses. This is the black dress variant of Devastatia, whose regular doll had a black dress with white polka dots, a white corset, and a white boa.  I added the necklace.





Series 4 Angelica Noir

Series 4's figures started to up the figure ante. They had detailed based and more complex designs.





Series 4 Lunabella Whispers

Lunabella's wings just blended right in with the background here, but they're there.





Series 4 Malice Looming in Wonderland

See, I told you Malice would be back. In a way better outfit.





Series 4 Cyberella d'Nile

I'm not sure who came up with the idea to mesh Egypt with cyborg, but it worked. Cyberella had gold and silver variants. This is the regular one. I love her almost pinched, very heart-shaped face.








And there's the gold one on my Egyptian shelf from Florida.




Exclusive Siphon Veins

I can't remember where Siphon fits in exactly. Series 3? Series 4? So i'm just sticking her here.

Siphon is easily the BEGoth with the most unique headmold. It took me a while to get to like her and then to find the exact one at the right price. There's a variant with a lot of dark smudging around her eyes and I didn't want that one.





Series 5 Esperanza de Muerte

My very favorite of them all! I absolutely adore this doll. I don't know exactly why. I think the widow's peak really speaks to me and there's just something about her face. But she's been my fave since she came out.





Series 5 Annabelle Lee

Series 5 was the best series yet. It was the first one where I bought every single doll right off the bat.

Annabelle is just as stunning as Esperanza. I love all of Series 5, but these two are my faves from it.





Series 5 Red Riding Storm

Although this Storm does bring it. She's right behind Esper and Annabelle.

I added the little devil's head purse. It's not part of her stock.





Series 5 Leda Swanson

Then we've got the pair with the strong variant game. Leda actually had three versions. This powder blue is her regular.






And the purple is one variant. The third was silver.

My purple one is a separate character: her sister, Nemesis.





Series 5 Ivanna Scream

I love Ivanna's coat! I think she's one of the most badass of the line, along with Infinity and Alindria.

I added the silver necklace. It's not stock.






And then we've got her purple-haired variant.

This time I didn't make them separate characters in my little headcanon doll world. She just changes her look a lot.





Series 5 Jacqueline Le Spades

Ah, the Harley Quinn lookalike. Definitely one of my favorites. I used to have her hot pink variant, but not anymore. There's also a green variant.




Series 5 Joani Rotten

This is the pink variant. The regular has black and green hair.

The others in the set are Mina Immortale and Delilah Blackheart. I need to get them again.

This would sadly be the end of the vinyl line. The unproduced Series 6 figures were so amazing that I'm still sad they weren't made.




Exclusive Alindria Devour

I think Alindria came out in here somewhere. I remember getting her when I lived in NYC and I also got Series 6 when I was in the same apartment. I'm pretty sure Alindria came first, but I can't recall exactly. I'm gonna go with it though.

I love this doll. She's really unique. They went outside the box a bit from their usual designs and it paid off.




Series 6 Slayer Storm

Sadly, the company was beginning to not do as well, so the remaining lines would have only 3 characters each.

Storm reappears again, this time as a vampire slayer!

I've always thought this one looked somehow more mature than the other Storms. Evening Storm does, too, but this one even moreso. It's not bad. It's gorgeous. Just a bit different.




Series 6 Penelope Fabrique

This doll is really pretty and her outfit is awesome, but somehow she's never been one of my favorites.





Series 6 Pandora

Maybe it's because Pandora outshines her so much. Pandora was the absolute stunner from Series 6. She has really long hair, no eyebrows but intricate feathers around her eyes, and no contacts. She's exquisite.




And so is her blue variant.

Mine got a bit of a haircut. I think Penelope might have, too. The hair on this line was oddly very sticky and I hated it. I think something went wrong with whatever gel they used. Thankfully, it didn't happen again.



Series 7 Katerina Moreau

Now here are some familiar faces! All three of the characters in Series 7 were from the unproduced Series 6 vinyl line. (Poor Dinah got left out.)

Series 7 is the only line that did not have Storm in it.

Katerina is really cute and fun to photograph. A bit too simple to be one of my top favorites, but I do like her a lot. She has a red-haired variant with a leopard print skirt and a black tail  and ears.


Series 7 Atara Inferno

So they finally tried to do a natural hair color other than black and they decided to experiment with my favorite of the Series 6 vinyls. Unfortunately, I didn't much care for the results. I felt the dress was lackluster and the wrong color. I just love that figure so much that nothing was going to be good enough really. Sorry, Atara.

This one got a haircut. I can't even remember why. I might have been trying to capture a bit of the essence of the figure, who had long hair, but not overly long.







This is one of the two variants of Atara. She's basically the same as the regular doll, except with pure black hair and a burgundy gown.







And this is the other variant, who's quite hard to find. She was the last one I needed for my 12" collection and I finally got her within the last year.

She's a bit more different than the others with red streaks in her black hair and a black gown, but also black lipstick. I like her the best of the three, as I think she comes closest to the original vinyl.





Series 7 Olivia O'Lantern

Gorgeous fairy Olivia is like Siphon in that she has a unique headmold that only she has.

This version was originally supposed to be the variant, but got switched to the regular and I was so upset by it. I managed to get the variant and had only her for years, before finally getting this regular one. I'm glad I gave in after my initial annoyance, because this doll is so beautiful.




The green variant lacks the streak of pale hair and has green where the regular has purple. Except for her lips, which are red. Green lips might have been interesting!

I love the face on this character and especially her pointed ears.





Series 8 Silent Storm

Storm returns for the final series of dolls.

These girls were all old-timey film stars.

Storm had three versions. This black one is her regular.





And then there's the blue. Outfit color is the only difference. I'm not sure why I ended up with the blue. I think I just decided why not, because it was the final series.

The third version is a Comic Con exclusive in a white dress with black insert.





Series 8 Greta Vendetta

Greta is very simple, but very lovely. Great face. Come to think of it, she's more what I hoped the doll form of Atara would look like.

Greta has an all-platinum blonde version wearing a navy dress. Maybe someday I'll get one, but she's harder to find.




Series 8 Gloria Phobia

And finally, the darling Gloria. I love this doll because she's the only one with a short bob. Series 1 had some girls with shorter hair, but not this short. The only one that compares is Series 2 Victoria. So Gloria was easily my fave from Series 8. She's a cutie pie and I love her look.












And finally, here's the purple variant of Gloria. This poor thing's headband is so loose. That's why it looks a bit odd. She's basically the same as regular Gloria, only with purple where there was green, and purple lipstick instead of red.





PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm just researching my purple variant casual storm, the only BEgoth doll I own, but am thinking instead of her sitting in her box in a cardboard box of random stuff, I should sell her. I'm understanding that she's actually 1 of just 750 sold worldwide, and I was expecting to see you talk about her here as it was my searching that brought this up in Google with an image of her. Anyways, my point is, before I start talking about her on Facebook and potentially ebay selling services, I thought I'd see if you'd want to buy her and what you'd offer? Lol random and cheeky out of the blue message from me I guess, but I just saw you collected and figured it polite to give you a heads up (hopefully you see this before she's sold somewhere, if you reply with interest I'll let u know the situation/marketplace I use)
    From Sam @samphiresam on insta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't mention her here, because I don't own her. The red version is my favorite of that particular Storm. I'm not really after the purple one and I'm short on money for a few weeks (lots of pre-orders!), so I can't make any offers, but if you have no luck selling her, check back in with me. Good luck!

      Delete
  2. Sooooo glad I found this site. I have a bunch of the girls but still love seeing the variations!!

    ReplyDelete