Thursday, January 9, 2020

REVIEW: Poopsie Fantasy Friends




Got my first three Fantasy Friends today!

These are $14.99 on the Walmart website. I'm hoping to find them in store soon, but nothing yet.

These are very similar to the Sparkly Critters, but they're humanoid instead of creature.




Once you unwrap the outer plastic, there's a plastic tray over the bottle top and upper part of the bottle. Remove that and you can remove the cap. The sprayer is actually full of glittery crap and you can spray it out. Dear gods, the mess this would make. Ugh.

But that glitter spray is your first hint of who's inside.







You tug on the two halves of the bottle and it opens to reveal this pouch.




These three pouches are inside.

One has the doll. One has the bottle. One has the directions, checklist, scooper thingy, and packets of crap. That third one also has yet another packet inside and that's the doll outfit.







Bottle. Humorous packet.

Crap packets.

Outfit. Scooper thingy.




Checklist!

My wanted: Electra Spark, Hunter Defly, Lily Splash, Kyra Rae.



Yep, that's right. All but two are either rare or ultra rare.

As if. I doubt any of these are going to be that hard to find.

My wanted: Mia Monarch, Pippa Twilight, Penelope Prism.


I did manage to score an ultra rare though. That shiny packet in the "crap packets" picture is special to the ultra rares. Sadly, unlike with Sparkly Critters, it doesn't have any different sound when you shake it, so there's not going to be a shake test for this set.

The doll comes with a pacifier in and a white heart sticker over the hole in her butt. You push the tummy in and they "fart." Sigh. Thankfully, that hole is covered by the lower half of the outfit.

You can clean these out just like Sparkly Critters. They're scented like the second Critters series, too.




She is ADORABLE. My mom was beside me going "Come on, butterflies!" and she nailed it. I wanted the monarch one more, but Not Tinker Bell here is cute, too.

(Seriously, her name is Bella Twinkle. Twinkle Bella. Tinker Bell.)




The detail on her is superb.

The gold wings have a pink painted sheen. The sculpting on all the butterflies and garlands is great. The outfit is great.





Her lashes aren't perfect, but I'm not picky. She's got some makeup on, too. A glittery layer of eyeshadow that's kinda buried behind the lashes, as well as the more visible colors.



So Bella's packets were green and her glitter spray was white.

The second one's packets are golden orange and her spray was orangeish.





It's Honey B!

I wasn't sold on her from the checklist, but in person she is actually even cuter than Bella. I love the pale skin, pale purple eyes and pale lips. And the cut of her bangs works really well, too.






Outfit on. Her detailing isn't to Bella's level and I think Bella's prettier overall, but Honey's cuter.





Ugh, so cute! I need more.





The third bottle had pinky-red glitter spray and more gold-orange packets. It's Rico Charming.

Rico and Honey are the only two "regular" rarity of the line. I wonder if that explains their matching packet colors.


Now he's cute, but just look at him with the girls.




The detail level is just not there. The Charming tattoo on his belly and the Mom heart on his arms are cute, as are the heart hands, but they could have decorated his diaper or something. The girls have molded insects and wings. He's got a sloppy crown and plain underwear.


Size-wise, they are a little bigger than Sparkly Critters.

I'm hoping someone cracks the code on these. Rico and Honey are the only two on the list with two different options, so they're likely in both assortments, but are both assortments even out? Remember how Sparkly Critters Series 2 went. They held back 2 ultra rares and I think 4 other characters.

I do really like them and I did not get a single one of my most wanted, so I'll be getting more. Maybe I'll order tomorrow. I've got a couple things to pay for, so I won't know for a bit.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

1 comment: