Monday, October 31, 2022

Magic Mixies Mixlings Series 1

I'm nearing completion on my Magic Mixies Mixlings Series 1 set, so I thought I'd post some pics. I'll update with new photos if I can find the remaining 3 I'm missing. And I need to get the 4-pack.



This is the full set of Enchanters as shown in the checklist. I didn't put the ones of the same mold right next to each other. 

L to R: Pixly, Grund, Tuglin, Jumo, Punbun, Gruffin, Tawny, Jally


Each Enchanter has different eyes that pertain to their power. You roll the eyes from their simpler form to this fancy look and back again. I like most of mine kept on the regular eyes, but Tuglin, Jumo and Tawny keep their special eyes. 

Pixly's power is charm. Grund is peace. Tuglin has night vision. Jumo's is eclipse. Punbun has color shift. Gruffin has hypnosis. Tawny has future sight. Jally has illusion. 


Next is the full set of fliers. These have wings that pop out. I just keep mine displayed with the wings always out. 

L to R: Gwindle, Hixie, Sintra, Duska, Gokky, Hart, Selina, Dawne. 


The Morphlings are my least complete set. I'm missing two, Meryn and Tarlo. 

L to R: Bunto, Minna, Tokki, Luggle, Brinkle, Lewink.

These have shapeshifting features. Bunto and Brinkle have four arms. You can actually move the arms down to make it look like they only have two. I prefer the four visible. Meryn is a mercat. As you can probably tell, she just sits lower on her tail. She's "morphed" here in the photo. Luggle and Lewink have long necks. I have Lewink's extended and Luggle's normal. 


And Tokki's body extends to give him two extra legs. 


The Vanishers are almost complete. I'm only missing Salma, who's a blue cat in the same mold as Stayla, the orange one. 

L to R: Nabine, Parlo, Mobbin, Nita, Stayla, Priya, Mirra.

These are color change. You stick them in the freezer and they keep their color for ages. I touched up a few of them before shooting this, but missed Priya, so you can see what happens when the color fades. It just gets a bit patchy. I popped her in the freezer after and she's back to being solid yellow now. 


And finally, the full set of Spellsters. 

L to R: Worrle, Gorru, Quip, Ramzi, Wondu, Geckler, Quira, Roshu. 

These guys have glow in the dark forehead gems and palms. 


These are my five favorites, though they're not displayed in matching order: Pixly, Hixie, Tuglin, Roshu and Worrle. 

Roshu is one of the first ones I opened and he's my overall fave. Tuglin is second and Worrle third. Pixly and Hixie are tied. Other ones I really love are Punbun, Tawny, Gwindle, Sintra, Gokky, Bunto, Tokki, Brinkle, Ramzi, and Quira. 

I hope to find more soon! I've exhausted all my local Walmarts and Target hasn't had new ones for ages.

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment