This line has been the talk of doll world lately. A lot of people love the detailed and unique look of the dolls, while others were left with a bad taste in their mouths from the lack of women at the influencer event and the utter failure that was the initial drop.
Thankfully, the dolls were quick to come to Amazon and restocked once on the MGA Shop, too. And people with faster Targets than mine are starting to find them in stores.
Blaze seems like she'd be my obvious favorite, but I think it might be Suki. Or they're tied. Hopefully, Suki comes out soon so we can find out.
Gonna be honest. As usual. I HATE the purse. Hate it. Absolutely. Sometimes I love object purses, but this is definitely not one of those times. I also didn't take pics of her with any of this stuff. The food is cute, but not what I'd pose her with.
Also not a fan of the guitar. I admit I've been spoiled by Integrity and Loyal Subjects Jem instruments but for $30, maybe we could get some painted strings at least? This isn't as bad as, say, a dollar store doll guitar, but it's on par with cheaper Barbie ones.
The lava thigh highs are an interesting piece, but I'm not in love with them.
The skirt is amazing. Pockets! Chains!
I want these in my size.
Hiding them under the lava is not quite a crime but...almost.
Gelled up hair, but I wanted to show the body before she hit the salon.
These girls are 90% leg. They have very unusual proportions. Like the legs are shaped nicely, but the arms are a bit thin for those giant hands. And the torso is so short! Not really complaining, but you've gotta admit they're unusual.
I shot these today.
I adore this doll.
She's like a tiny magical creature that can sit in the palm of my hand.
The faces are so animated. She has a different expression depending on the angle or how much of her eyebrows are covered.
Love herrrrrrrrrrr.
I cannot wait for Suki and Shai!
I don't think every one of them is perfect. There could have been some improvements in diversity. Different hair textures. Different body types. More brown eyes. But I do think they knocked it out of the park with Blaze.
PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.
I saw these dolls, well 4 of them in store here in the UK and I thought of you. While I can't bring them into my collection at this time, i love seeing your review.
ReplyDeleteI don't get the Freddy Krueger theming. That's his sweater basically. The skirt looks like his rusty metal boiler room. Chains are part of his motif, the flames on the legs. I'm pretty sure he killed someone with a giant boxing glove at one point too.
ReplyDeleteIf it were a pizza instead of noodles it'd be almost a 100% match