Let's see how fast I can do this review. I'm on low battery.
I was lucky enough to get an order in for Suki on Walmart.com. She's my favorite from the line, so I was thrilled.
Back of the box
For as amazing as the doll is, her accessories could use some help.
The pink bag has a lovely design that you can't see at all, because it just blends into the plastic.
The teacups and saucer are cute.
The headphones were a really neat idea with the removable teacups, but they don't stay in place very well. They tried but their method just didn't work. The pink plastic feels pretty cheap, too. I tried putting them on her, but the fit wasn't great and both teacups promptly fell off.
Thankfully, the doll herself is so stunning that she doesn't need accessories.
I love her whole look.
The only thing I would have changed is the pink. The pink on her face is fine, but I would have used white, gold and blues for the straps on the dress, the shoes and purse.
There is actually a molded crack on her leg. It's not just paint.
She's soooooooooooo cute!
I washed the gel out of her longer hair, the main bangs and the longer pieces on the sides, but left the upper parts gelled. She has some golden streaks hidden underneath.
Love the cup! And the flower.
The bunny is super cute and I love the jeweled part.
Shoes from the side.
And the back.
I think these would have looked amazing in gold, as the thin straps would echo the golden cracks. The golden bits here could have been darker blue.
Hanging with the girls.
My two faves.
Absolutely adore her. I think she's the highlight of this line. Yes, some changes to her accessories would have elevated her, but she's still the most incredible doll I've bought in a while.
I love the kintsugi theme, although they missed the mark with "fragile." Kintsugi is about resilience and finding beauty in your imperfections. It's not fragility. So for me, Suki represents resilience.
PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.
No comments:
Post a Comment