Tuesday, April 16, 2024

NEWS: Magic Mixies Pixlings Series 2 Shimmerverse

Because I'm so excited about these, I thought I'd cobble together what we know so far. 

The next line of Pixlings is going to be called Shimmerverse. There is a core line, a deluxe hair line, and a doll + larger critter-as-vehicle set.

Let's look at the core Shimmerverse dolls so far. 

For this set of four, they've taken two previous characters and redesigned them as well as adding two newbies. 

Here is Marena. She was always pretty, but this doll is gorgeous. I like that they're giving her an ice theme. 





So pretty! Definitely better than the original. 






Marena's bottle will look like this. The color of the moon at the top is what's going to identify the doll inside. Of course, Marena gets blue. 




Then we have Faye the fairy, who is a more recent release. She looks so cute here. I love the crystals on her ears. 




I might like this one better than her first, but I'm not sure. I'll have to see them next to each other. 




Faye is keeping her lime green ID color. 




Then we have one of the two newbies. This doll was originally called Starla (as per Toy Insider's info), but her name is now Catlyn. 

So pretty. I love the colors.





The gloves are adorable. 




Catlyn's ID color is purple. 

If you look at the bottles, you can see Phoenix (name may change?), who is the other new character. She's on the far left. 


These pictures come from listings on Walmart Canada. The price there is $24.97 Canadian. Toy Insider says the price will be $17.99 USD. Walmart Canada says they'll be available on May 24th.



Walmart Canada also has another doll for $24.97. This is Bearlinda. I'm thinking she may be the new Walmart exclusive like Flitta was. Not sure where she'll fit in, but if her price point matches the regular dolls, then she's not part of the Galaxy Hair line, which is more expensive. 

This is the only photo in the listing. No bottle, no second pic of the doll. 

I love her. 



Next up is the doll plus animal friend set. 

This is a new design for Unia, one of the original trio of Pixlings. Her friend is Rainbow Star. Wild-looking composite critter. I love her. Unicorn pegasus dragon creature. 

Finally, we have the Galaxy Hair series. 

They brought back Deerlee from the first three dolls released and her redesign looks stunning. No pics of the actual doll yet, but there is this art. 



AAAAAAAAAAAA!

Okay, I've been all set to be annoyed because both Phoenix and Firensa don't use red, but I'm blown away by how gorgeous this girl is. She's beautiful. I love her. I can't wait to have her. 

Still though, toy companies, please use red and not pink on your fire characters. Little girls are not scared of red. 




We won't even need an ID color for these bottles, which showcase the character inside. 


These girls are $19.99, according to Toy Insider. And they come with a mini Mixling!




I 100% saved the best for last. I am in LOVE. As with Firensa, I was disappointed the colors for Nebula weren't what I'd hoped (darker shades of blue/purple), but the end product completely won me over. 

I'm a sucker for dragonflies, so a little dragonfly fairy? SOLD. She may be my new #1 fave. 


Moose continues to absolutely blow me away with these adorable little dolls. I love me some MH, but honestly, I'm far more excited for these. 




PHOTO CREDIT: 

-Marena, Faye, Catlyn and Bearlinda: Walmart Canada

-Unia & Rainbow Star art: Toy Pool (not sure of their source, but it's obviously a promo pic)

-Deerlee art: Toy Insider

-Firensa and Nebula: Toy Pool (more promos that I'm going to try to source tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment