Thursday, April 25, 2024

REVIEW: VIP Hair Academy Series 1

I finally got my hands on VIP Hair Academy! I hate that the newer IMC Toys dolls never made it here but importing these and the Series 3 Cry Babies BFF wasn't that much more expensive. I'm thrilled we're getting VIP in the form of the Hair Makeover line. I hope they continue. 

Anyway, recently, I discovered Giselle and Hailey for sale on Tradeinn/Kidinn. I ordered them both, even though they were my 3rd and 4th favorites. I was just happy to have some of the line. When I'd first looked into them, Amazon DE wasn't sending them to the US. I looked again on a whim, after placing the Tradeinn order, and there they were, now available for shipping. 

Hailey and Giselle were $30.99 each on Tradeinn.

The dolls are varying prices on Amazon DE. Chloe is 12 Euros and change, but Mia is 42 (the main reason I didn't get her). Hailey is 17, Lexie is almost 27. I can't find Giselle, but she's probably there somewhere. 



My Tradeinn order arrived yesterday and the Amazon one came today, so I'm able to do these all together. 

I don't have boxed pics of Giselle or Hailey, because Tradeinn slaps these big stickers on the boxes and of course, they were right over the dolls and didn't peel off neatly. 





So here are Chloe and Lexie in box.



The dolls each come with a barrette clamped around some hair bands, a brush/comb of some kind, and various hair accessories. 

They each have a pamphlet which shows their pictures, their dog's picture, and some ways to do their hair. I didn't take pics of those. 

So this is Chloe's stuff. I guess you're supposed to put water in the pink/purple thing and it does hair color stencils. 







Chloe is my favorite of all the VIP dolls. My not so inner 80s child loves neon forever. 




Charlie, the designer of Charlie Bears, likes to refer to her bear's eyes as "who, me?" eyes. Well, the VIP line definitely have "who, me?" eyes. Some people may not like them. I find them endearing. 


Her earrings are a yellow X and a purple O.
 




The back sections of her hair are not done in the Jasmine style of the front pieces. (I'm not sure what the actual name for this hairstyle is. Maybe bubble braids? I just call it Jasmine hair.)

The rooting here is not looking so good!  




Okay, better.

I'm opting to leave it like this and not do the Jasmine hair myself. I like this neon watermelon thing she's got going.



So that is Chloe. 


This is the boot mold Quinn uses.





Here are Giselle's pieces. I think that ice cream thing is a hair twister? 

The little barrettes are cute. 




I don't get why they'd give her a bow hairstyle only to block it with this giant plastic bow. 






Better. 




She's my fourth fave, but she's super pretty. Her hair colors are nice. She's got that creamy light pink I'm a fan of. 

Her earrings are bows. 

They each have little hair accessories, but they're attached to the pouches or pockets they're in and I'm not undoing them. 



Rather plain shoes compared to the others, but still cute. 




Hailey's hair activity is glitter. That little star at the top is filled with superfine glitter that I may have sprayed on myself while opening everything. I'm not a glitter person, but this is honestly, more pretty than I'm used to glitter being. The pink section has sticky stuff that holds the glitter in place and those are little stickers on the bottom. 





Hailey's my third fave. 

I think she has the worst outfit though. I like that it's white and silver, but the VIP ribbon is too much for me. 




She's still really pretty.

Megan has this earring mold. 





From the back. 




Best footwear in the line. 






Lexie has a hair marker. 




My second fave after Chloe. 



I'm picky about red and pink together, but I love how all her colors go together. 


Her earrings are rainbows. 




I wish some of these colors were in the front. 





Nope. 



So here is everyone except Mia (too expensive) and Evelyn (THEY BETTER MAKE HER). 

I love these girls. They're adorable, have mostly nice hair, mostly cute outfits, and cute shoes. I don't care that they can't bend their knees. 

I hope Megan and Quinn (and hopefully Evelyn) do well enough that we get more on our shelves here.

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment