Tuesday, April 16, 2024

NEWS: IMC Toys' VIP Hair Academy...in the US?

How long have we been waiting for VIP Hair Academy? We still don't have the original series in the US, but Walmart popped out some surprise NEW releases! Amusingly enough, I just imported four of the first series. I'm glad I have them coming. These new ones would have made me want them even more. 

These are called VIP Hair Makeover instead of Academy.

MEGAN:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VIP-Hair-Makeover-Megan-Fashion-Doll-Transformable-Hair-and-Hair-Stickers-Kids-Ages-3-Years-and-up/5091859608

Megan is currently sold out. I bought one, but mine didn't go right into "preparing" like Quinn did, so I'm a little concerned I may not get her. Ah, well. They'll be back in stock someday. 



I adore this doll's face. That's the main reason I bought her. 

I like her hairstyle, but it's like they just fired several darts at a color board to choose the hair colors. How do the black and light pink go with the brighter blues and greens in the back? No idea. 

Her dress is cool, but also much cheaper-looking than the clothes from the original dolls. Boots are cute. 




QUINN:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VIP-Hair-Makeover-Quinn-Fashion-Doll-Transformable-Hair-and-Glitter-with-Heart-Shape-Beads-Kids-Age-3-Years-and-up/5087164177

Quinn is in stock.


She's also really pretty, but her dress is terrible. Cheap fabric, bad cut. 

Her bangs are...interesting? I dunno. They look okay in some of her promos and horrible in others. 

Again with the really random hair colors. The two fat orange streaks on the bangs? Bizarre. 








These dolls are $17.97. Very cute faces, but a clear downgrade from the originals. Some unusual choices. Not sure they're going to grab the attention of the target market. 

There is apparently a third one named Evelyn. I've always loved that name. I'll have to try to hunt her down!

PHOTO CREDITS: Walmart

No comments:

Post a Comment