Wednesday, April 10, 2024

REVIEW: LUV Brooke



Here is Brooke, who I really thought would be my fave, but I was wrong. Still love her though. 



The art is lovely. 





I am severely impressed that she can stand in those heels. 

I had her back farther for this shot because of lighting, but...



Yes, she stands in those heels. 





Purse, belt, earrings (different), and her bracelet.

The bracelets are tied down and I wanted to keep it that way, so yep, there's her whole hand.  



See why I was surprised she stood?



Love this jacket. 



I would have preferred purple, but I don't hate this purpley-pink. 


Love the pants. I wish they were a little bit more fitted, but it's not a dealbreaker. 


Love the top, too. 


I would wear her outfit with a couple color tweaks and not those spike heels. 




She has a little barrette that I'm leaving in, and I'm not freeing her necklace either. 

I do wish they'd done a smoky eye on her. How do you not give the rocker girl a smoky eye? 

There's a little braid near the barrette that I'm not sure is visible.






Cute without the jacket. 

Brooke has the only hair I'm not in love with. I might give her a condition to see if that relaxes the tighter curls so they match the looser ones on the other side. 




Love the lace on the top. 


Jacket back on. The stand moves it forward and obscures the top, which I don't love, but I don't want to mess with it too much. Brooke is the only one who has trouble staying on her stand, because with her heels, she's super tall and really needed a longer stand post. 

She holds her purse very easily. 

I love her, as I love them all, but she's not my favorite. She's actually my least favorite face. Better makeup colors would have helped her a lot. Mega points for the pants though. I love that these girls are in pants, shorts, and two longer skirts. 



If you read one of my other reviews, you can stop here. All of them have the same bottom section. 




I cannot get over how much effort they put into this line. 

Four different headmolds. 

Four different bodies. 

There are two types of arms, two types of legs, two different breast sizes, and two different torso lengths. All of that combines to make four different bodies in different heights. 

I was not expecting that much diversity at all. I didn't even realize it until I'd undressed Brooke. Then I had to undress Autumn all over again so I could do this comparison. 

Autumn is the shortest by a smidge. She's the curviest overall. (None of them have MH-level curvy, but this is a nice variety.) Harper is a tiny bit taller thanks to the longer torso. She's got smaller breasts but thicker thighs. Brooke is taller than Harper by quite a bit. She and Londynn both have the longer, thinner legs, but Londynn is tallest thanks to the torso. Brooke has the larger breasts, Londynn the smaller. The smaller-breasted girls both have the longer, thinner arms, while the larger have a little bit thicker and shorter arms. They could easily make another variant, because the smaller breasts are both paired with the longer torso, so they could make one with small breasts and short torso and one with larger breasts and long torso. 




These girls are very teeny!





Even Londynn. 



And here are all four. I left the belts off Brooke and Londynn, but otherwise, these are exactly as they come. 

Overall, I'm very impressed with these and I can't wait for the fashion packs!

PROS: Four different heads, four different bodies, four different skintones, superb articulation, excellent hair for the most part, no hair gel, fabric pieces are very nicely detailed, multiple fabrics used, great shoes, multiple pieces of jewelry for each, cute purses (mostly), no excessive use of pink and purple, variation in styles so it isn't all miniskirts and short tops, each comes with a stand but is also capable of standing on her own, easy to dress.

CONS: Stands aren't the greatest stability. Brooke has trouble staying on hers, as she's really tall with her heels on. Brooke's hair has some issues. It's a lot of gold. I would have liked silver on at least one of them instead. Harper, I think. 

I'm on the fence when it comes to price. $30 is a lot for a small doll with only one outfit, but I think the quality is actually there. They have better articulation than RH and ILY, even if they lack inset eyes. (Which are honestly a hindrance for ILY.) ILY can't even sit. Yes, I will keep bringing that up. It's important. I can see where some would say they're too expensive. I'm not going to flat out argue against it, but I personally think they're worth it. 

I know some have nitpicked the styles, but as we all know, I could not possibly care less about fashion trends. I think they mostly look great. Definitely not a con for me. 

So yeah, these are the new LUV dolls. I'll have individual reviews for all four, though I'm going to repeat this section at the bottom of each review to make sure the comparisons are seen. I'm impressed. Can't wait to see more!

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Brooke is definitely my fave. Her outfit is *Chef's kiss*.

    ReplyDelete