Wednesday, June 7, 2023

REVIEW: Monster High ABBEY BOMINABLE




SHE IS FINALLY HERE. 

IT'S ABOUT TIME.

I feel like I've been waiting eternity for one of my favorite ghouls.



 



Cute art. 

Would have been nice to see Shiver included though. (Tundra who? She even said Shiver on the show.)





I wish these had more detail. We can see what snacks she has. 




Fur chunk. 

Tiny backpack. 

Cute glasses. 




The backpack doesn't hold a single one of her accessories. 

Not one.

This thing is cute, but make it so it works like the other characters came with!




Boring phone. We get it. She's a yeti. She likes cold snacks. We can see that from the actual snacks. Didn't have to skip an awesome phone case design to show us yet another cold treat. 



Her actual snacks are really cute. Sno-Corpse is definitely my favorite of all the G3 snacks yet. 




SHIVER.

ADORABLE. 



Fresh from the box. People have been next level whining about the hair, but it's fine. 



Love her earrings! And her ears. And makeup. And tusks. 

Even her little purple nose looks better in person. 

The fanny pack had to go, but as fanny packs go, it's not bad. 



Best earring. 




I don't get the fur boa. It's not cute. It's like a flat lumpy thing. 



The backpack is okay, but with its lack of function, I'm leaving it off. The other characters wear theirs because they actually have their things inside there, but Abbey can't fit anything. 




Her glasses are actually super cute. I think they look cool, rather than more functional like the show version has, but it works. I love her eyes, so I'm not blocking them, but I'd consider putting the glasses on a second Abbey eventually.




Cool shoes.


Best MH body of all time. 


It's so nice to see another type of curvy girl. I'm glad she's not just Laura but taller. 


And it's even more nice to see some rep for the bigger-breasted girls. I had mine when I was 13, so it's not like we don't exist in our teen years. These are the boobs the Elvira doll deserved! I'm still angry they thought it was okay to give her a reduction. 




Marisol still wins the Bigfoot award, but Abbey's got best body. 

I really hope G3 continues to experiment with different body types. They're doing quite well so far. 




I'm so happy to have her. I had a bad day yesterday that I'm still recovering from, so I really needed her today. 

I think she's the best G3 doll yet. I love her ears, horns, makeup, outfit, earrings, body. Everything about the doll herself. Her flaws are all in her accessories. The backpack could have been functional and the fur scrap is just sad. But overall, she's amazing. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

3 comments:

  1. She's gorgeous. The colors, the body, the clothes. (Pants. Paaaants! Long pants!), I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also overly thrilled about the pants and have possibly sprained my eyes from all the complaining from people who think any long pants look like pajama pants. Not in that material with slits in the legs. That would be so uncomfortable. They're just pants. I dunno why this is a foreign concept.

      Delete
    2. Saaaame. Like, have people just... forgotten what full pants on dolls look like? Chucky got some of the same shit for the full sized dungarees and I'm just... tired. But glad we're getting some. Can't wait to get a budget for this gal.

      Delete