Thursday, June 29, 2023

FLASHBACK REVIEW: 1987 Island Fun Teresa






Another new old Barbie for me! I wanted another Hispanic face Teresa, so Island Fun was an easy choice. 




Side of the box. 

I really like 80s packaging. Showing the doll in different looks or just fully on the side of the box. Better than some of the overly flashy art and graphics these days. 






Simple shot of all the dolls on the back. 


Those seahorse combs are frequently found in My Little Pony lots. I remember having to ID them for people often. 




Her hair is wild. It's pretty dry and frizzy at the ends. It was in a ponytail and then separated into three chunks held with old rubberbands, though for once, they were actually in decent shape. So those didn't damage her hair. It just isn't good quality to begin with. Sadly. 




Her face is beautiful though! I love the black hair on her for once. Teresa often had dark brown hair, while the Hispanic versions of Barbie had the black hair. Really love the blue eyeshadow. 

She's in the salon having some much-needed conditioning. We'll see how she comes out, but I'm happy to have her regardless.

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment