Saturday, April 1, 2023

SOFT DOLL SPOTLIGHT: Fashion Nationals


I don't want to call this a review, so I'll just invent a new type of post: a spotlight on soft dolls! 

I love little rag/soft dolls. Manhattan Toy, maker of Groovy Girls and my precious Lilydolls, is one of the best makers of soft dolls there is. 

These tiny girls are about 6" tall and their line name is Fashion Nationals. They came out in 2003. 


I just got the girl from the US yesterday. Not my favorite one, but I wouldn't mind having all eight, so for $4.99, I bought her. 


Next to her is the girl from Canada. I love her expression and her hair. 


The Switzerland girl in purple is my favorite. Canada is second fave. (Of the ones I have.)

Then in red, there's Japan, and France has the rather unfortunate outfit. I don't mind the style, but the colors are strange. Olive green pants with a bright blue shirt and mauve shoes and beret? Sort of drab, bright, drab. 

I'm missing the ones from Tahiti, Spain and the UK. Hopefully I'll find them someday!

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment