Tuesday, April 25, 2023

REVIEW: Jakks' Petite Little Mermaid Mala


I've been going Daughters of Triton crazy and have dolls coming in from Target, Walmart and Amazon. (Amazon has the Ultimate 7-doll set in stock, by the way.) 

The first arrival, via Walmart, is Petite Mala by Jakks. 

These are $9.97. 




A very quick deboxing. She's held by plastic straps at the tail, wrists and neck. No stupid tabs in her head. 




Her clothes velcro in the back, which is an interesting choice. 



Because they don't come off. Her entire body is one solid piece. No waist joint of any kind. 

I don't think I've ever seen a mermaid doll that had her tail as fabric over a skintone plastic "tail." 

It's a very unusual choice.



She's a pretty little doll and as I collect all things Ariel's sisters, I'm happy to have her. But I wouldn't say these petite dolls are the best toys in the Little Mermaid lines. Even for younger kids, I'd go for the figure multipack over these. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment