Sunday, April 23, 2023

NEWS: Zombaes Forever Series 2

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/toys/fashion-and-dolls/dolls/wild-vibes-zombaes-forever-doll-assortment/p/223701

Zombaes Forever are finally back with Series 2! This line is called Wild Vibes and it features most of the characters having various encounters with creatures. 



My opinions on this series are pretty split. While some I absolutely love, I think as a whole, this is weaker than Series 1 because the outfits are very similar. There isn't the level of detail they got in Series 1. Every character has either shorts or a short skirt, though some of these animals would have worked just fine with pants or longer dresses. 

I love this first one. She's definitely Ursula-inspired with what I'm assuming are eels. 






I think these are squirrels. I love the glasses and hair, but the outfit is so dull. 




And this one I love. There's a better shot of her on Smyth's Toys or Youloveit. 

She feels more thought out in design and the crabs are cute. 




This one also has a better item shot on the pages I mentioned. 

I love this one. She's pretty simple, but the fact that she's in a shark is beyond hilarious. 





This one has me confused. I have no idea what those critters are. Are those a bunch of legs on the blue one and it's an insect? 

The doll herself is cute, but she's like the squirrel girl. Nothing special. 





According to Youloveit, this is Hanging Around. 

I'm always a sucker for green hair, so I want her. The monkey on the hat is really cute, too. I wish the dress was any color other than pink, but she's still good enough for me to want. 





She's Buzzin' is a super cute doll. Love the hair and the color scheme. I really love that she comes with a honey bear bottle. Her outfit is a simple tank and shorts with boots, but the choker makes it look more special. 






Spacing Out is great. The art of her on her box is so cute. 

The doll is pretty simple and I wish she was a little bit less pink. One of the aliens could have been green to match her top. But she's an interesting design nonetheless. 





Keep the Party Alive is my predictable favorite. Cute hairstyle, fishnets, vamp teeth, and bats. Love.

She has an additional photo in the item shots that's adorable. 





Ah, my weakness for green hair. And glasses. I don't think she's one of the strongest designs, but she's a must have. 






Well, they tried a little harder with this one's outfit, but it kinda clashes with the doll. At least in this pic it seems to. 

I want to like her and she may grow on me in person. 





So Chill is a more complete design, but there's something missing for me here. I feel like I should like her. I think it's the pink. I wish it was a white outfit. 

The walrus on the hand though. Love that. 




I'm not positive they're going to do a rare this time, but if they do, I think this cavegirl must be it. She's the only one without animals on her and she looks a tad more special. 






This is easily the most boring of the dolls, but that octopus makes me need her. This is So Clingy. 




And finally, the spider girl. This is the one I think most could have had a long skirt. Her spider is on her head. 



They're all very cute and I love several of them. I just feel the first series designs were more detailed and better done. 



PHOTO CREDITS: Spin Master and Smyth's Toys. Credit to Youloveit for mentioning some of the names not in the photos. 

No comments:

Post a Comment