Sunday, September 22, 2024

REVIEW: Royale High Avrilla the Dark Fairy





YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!



This poor girl has been delayed twice, but she finally made it home. 


Avrilla is one of the Royale High fashion dolls. These run $19.99 on Amazon. They're available to order, but all "temporarily out of stock." 






I love this art. 


I don't play the game, but I think this is a cute idea, and the dolls seem to look just like the game characters. I've read some people complaining about this, but they're not random fashion dolls. They're from a specific game with a specific style. What did you expect? 



Avrilla comes with a comb, journal and item code. 

I don't play the game, but this time I did keep the code. If someone wants it, leave me your email. It didn't scratch off well though, so the last three digits are messed up. I can read one and I'm pretty sure about the second, but the last one is harder. 

Her journal was disappointing, as it's not a journal. It's a little list of questions and her answers, which is cute, but then I think it was another couple questions with answers for her owner to fill in, I guess? I expected at least one typical journal entry. 


This is her after some salon time. 

The gel at the ends of her pigtails was RH-level rock hard. It washed out, but it took time and effort. Her bangs were also gelled, but that washed out easily. I left them wet and held them down with a plastic band to get them this flat. The one side still sticks out, but this is so much better than it was. 

Her hair is pretty nice. Not RH soft, but not horrible. Definitely not frizzy.




I LOVE her face! The head shape seems to throw people off, but I think it makes her really unique. 

I love every bit of her makeup. 

The tiara is really nice, too. 


The rubber part of the top is separate and closes in the back pretty easily. The collar part just sits and doesn't fasten in the back. 

I like the layered skirt and the long-sleeved top. 






Her wings fit very securely into a slot in her back. 

These boots are insane. Definitely a little bit Draculaura with the lighter pink and the bows, but then there are studs, stars, clouds and spikes, too. They're over the top in the most fun way. 

I would change the color though. Silver. Darker to match the skirt. Even the same pink as the rubber top. Or maybe just some black and silver paint would have helped this pink go a little better. It's a minor nitpick though, honestly. 



The body is very sturdy and quite poseable. 




She's shorter than the short MH, so on the smaller side height-wise. 



I would highly recommend her if you're a fan of the game or if you're like me and you just like unique new additions to your collection. I think she's worth the $20 price tag for sure. 

Now hurry up and make a fire fairy, Jazwares. I don't love any of the other three and she needs a friend. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine. 

5 comments:

  1. hi lori! i am a huge fan of the game an would love the code if it is still available! My email is ivanna.sholder@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh. It got bounced back to me.

      Delete
    2. Sorry! I guess I spelt my email wrong, its ivanna.sholders@icloud.com with an s

      Delete