Monday, March 13, 2023

REVIEW: Astra Girls Dryade & Celestina


Thanks to a friend, I FINALLY have the full line of Astra Girls! I hate that dolls this fun are so hard to find! They seem to only be at Macy's Backstage, which isn't in every Macy's store. And my little mall doesn't even have a Macy's to begin with. 

These dolls remind me of a lot of the older lines I loved so much: Winx, W.I.T.C.H., Disney Fairies. They definitely have that magical girl vibe to them. 



This is Dryade. I was amused by her resemblance to Flora before and I'm still amused now. 

I love the color of her wings. It's so pretty. 

The skirt part of her dress is awesome with all the different materials in the flower belt, the petal overlay, the tendril-covered green layer, and the vines hanging down. 



I like the style of the top part except for the pink bikini top-type piece. It lays a bit crooked and I think it would have looked better with some of the vines crossing over her chest or something. It's not a separate piece so it can't be adjusted. 



I love that she has multiple pieces of her hair pulled back. 




Celestina was my least favorite, but in person, she's actually amazing. I still love Vamora most, but the other three are all tied. 

Celestina and Dryade have a different wing mold than the first two of these I reviewed. I like both shapes and love that they made two molds for such a small, low-priced line. 



Her dress is multiple layers. I like that I can push the fur part down to off her shoulders. 



The train is totally awesome, but my favorite thing about her is her hair. It's lavender, mint green and white! Definitely way better than she looks on the box photo. 

I highly recommend these girls if you can find them. I'd love to see them make more, though I wish they'd pick more stores to put them in!

I love them so much that they kicked a couple other dolls off my precious coffee table space so I can look at them more often. 

PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! You got them!
    I keep checking regularly and they never restocked them in our store. Thanks the dolly gods for dolly friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm very grateful for the help! I really do wish these were actually distributed so others could enjoy them like I do.

      Delete