Monday, September 30, 2019

(Mini) REVIEW: My Little Pony Classic Pinwheel

In a move that will forever annoy me, Basic Fun delayed the full 2nd set of Rainbow Ponies, thus creating a bunch of old stock backlog, so when the full set finally released, stores didn't put it out. A few people have gotten lucky and more seem to be appearing as time goes by, but Pinwheel and Starflower are still quite scarce.

I've been trying to get them from Target.com, but every time I get the in stock email, even if I click the link immediately, they're already gone.

So I caved and bought this Pinwheel for $21.99 on Amazon. I should have gotten Starflower, who I saw before her, but I opted not to. Regretting that a bit.




Pinwheel was my most wanted from this set though and she's the harder to get of the pair, so I'm pleased with my choice.

Pink is not my usual favorite color, but I love the darker shade they used for her.

Slightly different angle. She's just lovely. I really hope they keep going with these. I'm mad they dropped the Flutter set because no stores would pick it up. Idiots. Considering how hard it is to get these on Target.com when they first release, you would think they would have given it a shot.

But there is hope for more. A set of Gusty, Sparkler, Surprise and HEART THROB has been mentioned. So Soft Heart Throb was one of my fave childhood ponies, so I'll take a repro of the regular version of her. And another set of Lickety-Split, Cherries Jubilee, Tootsie and Posey has also gotten a mention.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment