Monday, September 24, 2018

REVIEW: Shoppies Tia Tigerlily

I went to Target tonight, hoping to find some of the Marvel Rising dolls and checking for the new Shoppies, too. I was disappointed the Marvels I know my store has aren't out yet, but very pleased to find Tia Tigerlily in the Shoppies section. Sia Shells was not there, but I honestly prefer Tia, so that worked out for me. No sign of the new Happy Places unicorns or dolls, but I'll keep checking for everything.

Tia is part of the Li'l Secrets tie-in doll line. Each is a standard-size Shoppie doll but with new articulation at the elbows. The accessories for the doll are minimal. Basically, she just comes with a stand. Not even a Shopkin. And then you've got the mini version of the doll along with a Li'l Secrets mini locket playset.








Tia is actually my first one of these. I didn't care for the others that are currently out. The regular four characters released in the first wave have kind of a magical girl vibe, but none of them appealed to me.

Tia and Sia seem to go along better with the new beach trio of basic Shoppies. Sia's a teal-haired girl in a mermaid skirt, while Tia is obviously tigerlily-themed, but there's something tropical and beachy about her.






Here's Tia with her closed Li'l Secrets locket.

Tia has four long twists of hair divided into two pigtails. The orange parts of her hair (except her bangs) have iridescent "tinsel" in them, while the yellow parts do not.

She has lovely flower petal designs around her eyes and her whole facial color scheme is orange and yellow.


 








The arm articulation is a nice touch, I guess, but honestly, I think I would rather have had a Shopkin for her. Shoppies have very expressive arm molds and I think the articulation makes that much less pretty. There's something strange-looking about her arms. Maybe it's that I've spent years having them without articulation and it's just the change. Not sure. 




One of my favorite details are the plastic flower ornaments on each of Tia's pigtails. 

She's so perfect. I'm a big fan of orange and flower-themed dolls. Tigerlillies are a favorite flower, too, so she's really high up on my mental list of fave Shoppies.

 


Here are her accessories. The teeny Tia is quite cute and I like the little locket with its garden gate door. 

I hope to find Sia soon to go with her, but even by herself, Tia's made some new friends. She looks great standing next to Palmela and Sandi. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment