Wednesday, November 22, 2023

REVIEW: Breyer SeaHearts



I've been wanting to get my hands on some SeaHearts ever since I saw them on IG, and now I've got all twelve!

SeaHearts are an adorable line of seahorses made by Breyer. Each figure comes with a stand, a collector card, and two small sea friends. 

These are found at Five Below. They're $5 each. Not sure if they'll be sold anywhere else. 

The boxes are open in the front. 



The liner comes out and you can see the slot where the two sea friends are hiding. These are completely random from what I can tell. The ones I received don't match up with the ones shown on the promo photos on Five Below's website. 

The seahorse is held down by two ties. One holds the stand and figure to the liner, while the other holds the figure to the stand. 






Between the liner is the collector card. It has character info on one side and seahorse info on the other side. 

This line is very environmental, so expect a lot of that theme. 



So here is Maya. 

Maya is the only one I got that came with the yellow fish. 


Maya is a sea unicorn. There are 5 sea unicorns, 5 regular seahorses, 1 sea dragon, and 1 sea dragon unicorn. 


The figures have details that appear in the cold. I haven't bothered to put any of mine in the freezer because I can sort of see the details as is. The heart has a picture, sometimes a slogan. I know I saw a music note on someone's face. Each collector card has a symbol under the name of the character, so it's possible that symbol appears on the figure.





Corallina is my favorite! I love her colors. 





She's beautiful. 





Many of them have a lot of different colors.






Reed is the other orange one. He's a seahorse. 







He's great colors, too. I'm such a sucker for orange. 



Here are the two orange ones and the more yellow Maya. 

As you can see, there are different mold for the species. Maya and Corallina are both sea unicorns, but they're completely different in shape. 



I'll move on to Pearl next. She's the only white one. 






She's very pretty. 




Cordelia is the lone pink one. 




She's a regular seahorse like Reed and if you scroll back up, you can see that they're two different body shapes. 





Nori is the only one that came with a jellyfish. I liked the jellyfish best, so I was disappointed I didn't get a bunch of them. 


Sadly, this picture is blurry. Argh. But you can still see the cuteness. 




Nori's lovely shades of purple. 





Shelly is the other purple one. 




She's cute but my least favorite. Sorry, Shellly. 




Here are the purple ones. Shelly is darker than Nori. I threw Cordelia in here, too, just for fun. 




Moving on to the blues, this is Aqua.






Super pretty. 




Darker blue Cove is my fave of the blue trio. 





Beautiful colors. 




And Skipper is the lighter blue. 

He's the only one where I got cheated out of a sea friend. Only the crab was in the box. 



You can see the cold effect on his belly heart. I just grabbed these out of the package hub, so he was in the cold a few hours. 




Here are the blue three. 



Laguna is the only sea dragon of the bunch. 





I love her! 




And last but definitely not least, Nixie is the only sea dragon unicorn. 






She is my other fave along with Corallina. I love this darker green. 



And here are the sea dragons together. 


So that does it for Series 1 of the SeaHearts. I think they're super cute and will definitely buy more if they make a Series 2. 


PHOTO CREDIT: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment