Sunday, June 9, 2019

REVIEW: DC Superhero Girls Reboot Bumblebee

I pre-ordered these basic DCSG dolls back in March and they didn't meet their initial delivery estimate, but I've been charged for all seven, so I hope that means they're going to be shipping out fairly steadily now. Bumblebee is the only one who's shipped so far, although it looks like I should be getting Wonder Woman and Supergirl throughout the week.

These dolls are the $9.99 basic versions. I did not pre-order the deluxe ones.

I like the packaging. It's simple and Bee was very easy to debox. Like the Fashionistas. You just peel the front bubble away and then cut the bands and plastic ties holding her down.








Here's the little blurb from the back. Amazon of course bent the packaging.







And here she is! She's cute!






Her hair is two shades of brown with the one honey yellow streak.

The quality is not great. It feels like cheap nylon. Not horrible and it looks okay, but not the greatest either.




Her helmet is attached to her head by two plastic tabs, so I'm not removing it.

It's a really nice, detailed piece though with the articulated visor.

I think her face is really cute.








With the visor down.





The body is pretty basic. Articulation at the neck, shoulders, hips and wrists.

The hands do not seem removable. I didn't try very hard, but if they don't pop right off, I consider them not removable.

I didn't compare it, but that might be an MH hand on her left.

I like that she's got slimmer arms and a smaller torso, but then wide hips and thicker thighs and calves.

Her feet are slightly curved, not high heel style.







The wing attachment. I love how articulated these are. I tugged on them and they don't want to come out, so again, not considering that removable.







Her bodysuit velcros above and below the wings.






Honeycomb on her soles!

She can sit easily and she can also stand on her own. She's pretty top-heavy, but those huge boots make up for it.





She's tiny compared to the original Bumblebee!

I honestly like both of these dolls. Obviously, the original is better quality with more articulation and fabric clothing, but she also cost more. I do think the reboot Bee wins in terms of her helmet and wings though. Her wings may not be removable, but they're much cooler than that backpack.

I'm looking forward to getting more of these! Especially Zatanna and Katana. I hope they do all ship.

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

4 comments: