Thursday, August 17, 2017

NEWS: GlitterShine Dragons

Shimmer Frost
I don't know who said, "Hey, let's take My Little Pony and fuse them with dragons," but I'm very thankful for their brainstorm.

I was perusing Amazon's stuffed animal section for new stuff and these six jumped right out at me.

Each dragon is 12" and they're $14.99 each. According to Amazon, they're made by Snap Toys.













The promo photos have a couple different colors and ear styles, so I'm not sure if the toys will look more like the above photo or the one to the right here. I'm thinking the above photo though. Those are the ones on Amazon.

Shimmer Frost was the first to catch my attention. I'm a sucker for blue and white, and I think her snowflake wings are the prettiest.

Her description blurb is "Stylish and charming, Shimmer Frost always finds a way to warm your heart." Stylish and charming makes her sound like the Rarity of the group.

Sea Sparkle




The other standout for me was Sea Sparkle. MLP + dragons + mermaids! Like wow! I'm sold.

"Dive into fantastic undersea adventures and make a splash with friendly and spirited Sea Sparkle."

Sounds sort of like an underwater Applejack or Rainbow Dash.

I had both of these in my cart when I decided to just go for it and get all six. Shimmer Frost should be here Saturday with the others following on Monday.

Because why not?

Glimmer Flora



"Your dreams will bloom like flowers with nature loving Glimmer Flora by your side." Nature-loving, so she's the Fluttershy, but really, she sounds and looks like a dragon version of Winx Club's Flora.

I like her far more than I expected to like the pink one. Putting pink with neon green is always a good sell for me.

Glitter Fairy












"A sweet daydreamer, Glitter Fairy will whisk you away on a magical fairytale adventure." There isn't really a good Twilight Sparkle character, so this one's probably the closest. I like that she's got a unicorn horn, so we've got a mermaid dragon and now a unicorn dragon.

Twinkle Luck















Twinkle Luck sounds a little like Pinkie Pie: "Positive and cheerful. Twinkle Luck is your lucky charm. All you need to do is make a wish." Minus the luck part, of course. But positive and cheerful is definitely Pinkie.


Rainbow Glow










And finally, Rainbow Glow. Looking at the stock numbers, she's the one that's selling.

"Free spirited and fun, Rainbow Glow's bright and sparkly colors fill your heart with happiness and joy."

Again, sounds like both Rainbow Dash and Applejack. Maybe a bit more Dash.

There are only 4 left of her in stock, so if you like these, I'd grab her! The other more popular one seems to be Glitter Fairy with 8 left in stock. The remaining four all have 11 left in stock.

I'm a sucker for dragons and themes and big pretty eyes. These actually also remind me of Serendipity, not just ponies. There's a lot of Serendipity in those eyes!

I'll post pics when Shimmer Frost arrives and again for the others.

PHOTO CREDITS: Stock pics from Amazon and Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment