Saturday, December 30, 2023

BEARRIVAL


I'm a little tardy on Bearrivals. 

Ha. This is Tardy. 

Tardy is possibly the most popular character I've seen this year. Some people were downright obsessed with him to the point that it dampened my excitement. I dunno why, but it's that way with me sometimes. Too much hype and I care less and less. 

Thankfully, when he arrived, I fell in love with him. 



I mean, this face. 





Tardy is part of this year's prehistoric/extinct Bearhouse collection. I think he's supposed to be a giant sloth, but giant ground sloths didn't look like larger versions of modern tree sloths. He's super cute, but I don't think of him as a prehistoric creature. He's just another sloth like Dringle is. 

(Now Atlas, the upcoming Bearhouse character, looks more like a giant ground sloth. He doesn't really look like an Atlas bear, which is what he's supposed to be.)



September is part of the Calendar Minimo collection. Minimos are mohair bears but on a small scale. I had totally forgotten about September, because when I added him to my wishlist, stockists still didn't know their allocations or any real info about them. I never knew if I was on the preorder list or not, so he kinda went out of my head. 

It was a pleasant surprise when I was told I could pick mine. I almost didn't get one because this guy was literally the only one I liked enough to pay that price. If he hadn't been there, I would have passed. 





These next two arrived today. 


Smog is stunning. A lot of people liked his pal Foggy (better?) and I do like the pea green on Foggy, along with the pea soup fog joke. But Smog's color is just plain gorgeous. He was the one I was more looking forward to and he does not disappoint one bit. 




And finally, the enormous Stompy, the woolly rhino. Stompy was a Quarter 1 character and both the UK and Australia got him right away, while we in the US got forgotten yet again, and only got him now, months later, when the other locations are on their second or third delivery of him. UGH. I get that there's a shipping delay so we're last, but each location should still get some stock roughly the same time, and no location should get a second batch before anywhere else has gotten their first. 




Stompy was worth waiting for (even though we shouldn't have had to...yes, I'm cranky about this repeated problem). 


He's huge but doesn't weigh a lot, so he seems very cuddly. 




Aww, that little tail. 




And this FACE. 


I still have a few outstanding preorders for the year and most of them are from this Bearhouse line. Here's hoping we get more soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment