Monday, July 8, 2019

MONTH IN REVIEW: June 2019





On June 3rd, I had a big Charlie Bears arrival! Six different bears, two layaways paid off.

This soft little darling is Boynton. She's named after Boynton Beach, Florida, which is where the US Cubhouse (CH headquarters) is located.






Then we've got the bunnies.

Ash.






And Bunya. Both unplanned purchases, but I fell for their pictures in the bear albums my stockist keeps for us to choose from.





Then the candy-themed bears.

This is Butterscotch.







Jelly Tot






And Smartie.

So tiny and colorful!





A week later, Cole arrived. He's on the left. His brother Gary is on the right. These two are both fabulous bears, but they're very underrated in the collecting groups. Not many people have them. Their loss!





I finally bit the bullet and overpaid for Elinor (on the right) on ebay. I should have just stuck with crowdfunding her back when they first did it, but oh, well! She's home now and she's stunning.

Matilda (left) is still my favorite from A Girl For All Time, but Elinor is close second.




I skim my Flickr account for the order of these Month in Review posts and June was really mostly bears and things I've already reviewed here, which I try to leave out of these, because you've already seen them.

This big gorgeousness is Bossy Boots.


The middle of the month is when MGAE started to go crazy with releases. Poopsie Sparkly Critters Series 2, LOL boys, LOL Hairgoals Wave 2, more LOL pets.

Sparkly Critters are some of my favorite blind-packed things, so I ordered 3 off ebay and got Dawdle the sloth, Avalanche the yeti and Puff the cloud.







Second Amazon order brought Ocho the octopus, Waves the whale and Sprint the hedgehog.




The celestial/weathery ones are my favorites.

I got Ray the sun and Starlight the...yes, star...from a Facebook group member. Beam the moon, who's my favorite, came from ebay.

I also have Midnight the bat from ebay, but I never took her picture.





I ordered 3 Hairgoals off Amazon and was thrilled to open my favorite: Metal Babe!




And then got two of this Prom Princess one. Sigh. I haven't ordered any more yet, but maybe next month. Or whenever they show in stores.




Charlie Bears Direct USA is now working with Afterpay, so you can buy something, get the payment split into 4 pieces to be paid every 2 weeks, and then get your item right away. It's like QVC's Easy Pay.

Thanks to that, I was able to order the stunning Simone.




Got some Sparkle series LOLs at Walmart! I was so happy to open Punk Boi and Unicorn! I also have Snuggle Babe and Dawn, but they're not pictured.

I need Pharaoh and Dusk.



I got the big Jellybean Bunny Japanese Yum Yum off ebay. He's pictured with my vintage Candy Apple Kitty on the left and the more standard size Japanese Jellybean Bunny on the right.

 


And Griffin finishes off June. He's an older bear that I wanted a lot in 2016 when I first got into collecting. I got his brother Brooklyn as my fifth CB ever, but then Griffin fell behind others on the wantlist and eventually kinda dropped off the list entirely. But I got him for $62 from a US seller and that made it so I was able to bring him home after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment