Tuesday, October 31, 2017

REVIEW: Shibajuku Girls Shiba-cutie Yoko

I've honestly not been into the Shibajuku Girls recently and I was not impressed with the first batch of Shiba-cuties. Just as the regular dolls are certainly heavily inspired by Pullips, these clearly are inspired by Little Pullips.

The initial group of mini dolls had one each for Shizuka (blonde), Koe (also blonde), Suki (pink hair), Namika (brunette), Yoko (half lavender, half mint), and Miki (white with black streaks).

I almost bought Namika, but her outfit seemed pretty cheap. Then I almost bought Yoko, but didn't. I don't remember noticing Miki. I'm a sucker for white hair, so I think I would have bought her if I'd noticed her then, so somehow she escaped me.


Both sets of dolls are on the back of the box.

Top row: 2nd Shizuka, 1st Miki, 2nd Koe, 1st Yoko

2nd row: 1st Koe, 1st Namika, 1st Shizuka, 1st Suki

3rd row: 2nd Miki, 2nd Yoko, 2nd Namika, 2nd Suki

The hair colors got better with the 2nd series. Koe's blonde again and Suki kept her pink, so that's dull, but Miki got coral hair, Yoko half white and half black, Namika blue, and Shizuka has mint, pink, yellow and blonde, I think.


Being a sucker for black and white, I decided to finally give one of these a shot and bought 2nd edition Yoko. 

She was $9.99 on Amazon and arrived today. 

The size is decent on these and the quality is a bit better than I expected. Her hair is pretty nice. The outfit's on the cheap side, but definitely better than others in the line. 


Yoko is articulated at the neck, shoulders and hips, but also at the knees. Every doll in this line has lower legs molded in a specific color to represent socks with shoes. 

All the dolls have pigtails on the back of the box, but it was easy to brush Yoko's hair out of them. 

She has glitter makeup and actual eyelashes.


While obviously not the quality level of the big dolls, the Shiba-cuties actually are not half bad. I have to admit, I'm impressed. I don't plan on buying a lot of them, but I'll pick up the white-haired Miki and maybe a couple others, too. 

PHOTO CREDITS: Mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment