Friday, June 17, 2016

OVERVIEW: Alley Cat Club

The Alley Cat Club is a newer line by Manhattan Toy, makers of several awesome plush lines over the years, including the Groovy Girls and Lilydoll. Each plush is 14" high and has non-removable clothing in different materials.

Purrrl
I first saw these when Manhattan Toy sent me an email advertising their new catalog. I ended up with two of the new Groovy Girls, but I didn't forget the Alley Cat Club.

It's been a few months, but I had a 25% off code expiring, so I figured I'd take advantage. I was just going to get the two girls and maybe Lou, but then Benny ended up coming along for the ride, too.

Jinx
They arrived today, completely surprising me, because the tracking number I'd been given never worked. I knew they'd be coming FedEx, but to my door or FedEx Smartpost? I had no idea. So when I woke up today and the box was on the kitchen counter, I was pretty surprised.

Lou
The cats are well-made, just like all Manhattan Toy products. I love all the different materials and details on the outfits.

Their tag reads: "We are the Alley Cat Club, a little group of mischief-makers and cool cats. The Alley can be a scary place, but true friends stick together. We are tough and smart and we'll do anything for our friends!"

Benny
The Manhattan toy website gives no details on the personality of each character, but their Amazon listings provide a small blurb. Purrrl's name is spelled with 3 Rs on her hangtag, so I'm going with that spelling. She's "all heart but nothing gets past those piercing green eyes." Jinx doesn't have a personality blurb, but her outfit kinda says it all. Lou is described as "tough," while poor Benny "likes being the zero but we all know he'll eventually outshine us if just given a chance." There is a fifth character, a dog named Roscoe, that I don't intend to get.

These are really cute toys and I always approve of things with sass. You can't see it in my pic, but Jinx has a black heart on her pink shirt and I love how that and the thundercloud on the back contrast with the rest of the pastel pink top. I like the kitty skull and crossbones and the fishbone patch on Benny. And both boys have great expressions! I only wish one of the girls got sass brows, too.

These run $18 on Manhattan Toys website and $17.99 with Prime shipping on Amazon. (Roscoe is currently on sale for less, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment